Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
I was a pretty lucky kid, I didn’t grow up with just one good cook in the house, I grew up with 2 and sometimes up to 5 if my brothers were around. Like all Dads out there, he grilled but also made the best scrambled eggs, picked out perfect produce every time (carved some seriously awesome watermelons), and was the one in charge of latke making during Chanukah.
Even with all his culinary talents though, I still refer to my Dad is as the grill master. Yes mine, not yours, I don’t care what you say. It didn’t matter if there was snow on the ground, rain outside or 100 degree temperature – if something to be grilled was on the dinner menu that night he was your man. Hot dogs, burgers, chicken, steak, ribs. You name it, he did it and he did it well. Although sometimes we had to yell not to burn it to death aka his preferred way to eat meat.
Now if I was actually able to spend Father’s Day with Dad, I’d give him a break from the grill but since I can’t I’ll just give him a recipe to try out down at the poolside grill in at their condo.
You’re probably thinking but Susan blueberry and pinot noir doesn’t sound very manly to me – trust me between the spice rub and the complex flavors in this barbecue sauce you will feel like a man at the grill – even with that glass of Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Noir in hand.
See not every dad is a beer drinker and with our good friends at Gallo we are putting together a father’s day feast! Gather the family, the neighbors, the kids, the grandkids, open up some smooth Pinot Noir or light, refreshing Cafe Zinfandel and sit back and relax. Pretty soon you’ll be itching for the chicken to finish cooking and the pinot noir blueberry sauce to finish up. This sauce is thinner than your standard barbecue sauce but thickens up as it cools and leaves the chicken with a stunning purple-blue hue.
Gallo Family Vineyards provides an easy store finder to find out where to buy your Pinot Noir or Cafe Zinfandel for all the wonderful recipes listed below. They are even offering a $1 off digital coupon to help celebrate all the Dads and don’t forget to check Gallo Family out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram andYoutube.
Father’s Day Salads and Main Dishes:
- Avocado and Quinoa Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Lentil Chilaquiles Casserole by Shockingly Delicious
- Barbecue Chicken with Pinot Noir Blueberry Sauce by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken in a Caramelized Onion Wine Sauce by Family Foodie
- Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Pinot Noir Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- French Onion Soup au Gratin Stuffed Meatballs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Southwestern Zinfandel Glaze by Cooking On The Ranch
- Jambalaya Kabobs by Foxes Love Lemons
- Man Burgers Stuffed with Pinot Noir Caramelized Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Marinated Flank Steak by The Foodie Army Wife
- Mushroom Topped Pinot Noir Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pinot Noir Glazed Salmon by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction Sauce with Grilled T-Bone Steak by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Red Wine Meatball Subs by Momma’s Meals
Father’s Day Sweets and Treats:
- Angel Food Cake Smores Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Cafe Zinfandel Cake & Pinot Noir Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Cherry Pinot Noir Pie by girlichef
- Chocolate Decadence with Cafe Zinfandel Whipped Cream and Raspberry Sauce by Desserts Required
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake by Magnolia Days
- Pinot Noir Dark Chocolate Truffles by Alida’s Kitchen