Next time you can’t decide between tacos or nachos for dinner combine the two with this easy Skillet Taco Nacho Bake!
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
The big debate when the Mexican food craving strikes – do I go for the tacos or for the nachos? Each has their merits for choosing one above the other.
The tacos: Soft tortillas, choices of meats that have either been slow cooked for hours, seafood that’s been perfectly fried or good old fashioned – yet incredibly satisfying ground beef. All topped with a sprinkling of onion, a little avocado and a touch of cheese. It fulfills most requirements that I need and it’s portable.
Then you have the nachos: Crispy chips, a lot of cheese and endless options for toppings at your fingertips.
What to do? What. To. Do. . .
If you are me, you just combine the two. One night we could not decide whether to make tacos or nachos for dinner and everything that was needed was just sitting at my fingertips and then inspiration struck. Why not combine everything into a skillet?
Nacho making can sometimes produce a mess with having to cook the meat, transfer it to a baking sheet and then assemble everything to be baked in the oven from there.
What if we cooked it all in a skillet? One pan, one mess and a lot less to clean up.
Let’s also talk about the fact that seasoning for Mexican cooking involves breaking out practically every spice I own. It’s a process but would you believe there’s an easier option? I was recently introduced to the new skillet sauces from McCormick Spice. Dinner honestly couldn’t get any easier at this point.
You brown your beef (or perhaps turkey or chicken), add a little chopped onion and season with the sauce. No more rustling through the spice cabinet to take out 10 different spices to achieve that perfect Chipotle and Garlic taco seasoning. McCormick does it for you. For me personally, I found the heat level to be spot on but if you want more, just add some chopped jalapenos into the mix and you are golden.
At that point all you need to do is top with some cheese, tortilla chips and more cheese before a quick bake in the oven. Then presto in 10 minutes you have your tacos AND nachos!
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.