My love for hot chocolate knows no bounds. I’ve discussed in depth before about what makes the perfect cup of hot chocolate. However, this time I think I went a little too far.
I wanted to do a new hot chocolate recipe and the first add in that came mind was Biscoff! We all love Biscoff, I’ve loved it since our first trip to Brussels in 2008. If it wasn’t for the fact the spread was in a glass jar, I would have brought it home to the states with me but I didn’t want it bumping against all my cheap Belgian beer. 🙂
Priorities people, priorities!
Now, I don’t know if it was because I mixed the Biscoff spread in with the warm milk/cream mixture or because I changed my ratio but do you notice how thick this is? Do you see those cookies just sitting on top of the hot chocolate?
There is a reason why I have “pudding” in the title, I’m pretty sure I’ve managed to make an eggless pudding here. The texture is a little thinner, but there is no way to sip this hot chocolate and frankly can you think of anything better than spooning a melted chocolate into your mouth?
I can’t. Pretty much dessert heaven to me. Give me a cookie to dip and I’m set.
- 1/2 cup milk (any type), plus a little extra to thin at the end
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Biscoff Cream
- 5 ounces 70% bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan bring the milk and heavy cream to a simmer.
- Whisk in the Biscoff spread and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the chocolate until completely melted.
- Stir in the salt and if the hot chocolate is too thick, add a little bit of extra milk to thin the mixture out.
- Divide hot chocolate to mugs and serve with Biscoff cookies.
Oh sweet lord. Wonderful. Delicious. Ohmajeeeeez
Biscoff and chocolate? Let me count the ways! Though, when it comes to bringing home Belgain beer or biscoff, I suuport your difficult decision 🙂
I adore Biscoffs! Well done.
Oh, boy, spoonable hot chocolate sounds amazing! Especially when Biscoff is involved!!!
OMG, you’ve invented a new food! Yummy. 🙂
Isn’t it fabulous when a new experiment creates something this delicious? I LOVE how thick that hot chocolate looks. I would happily slurp that up. I’ve never had biscoff – hopefully that’ll change this year. I think you’re pretty kick ass for filling your luggage with cheap Belgian beer. Wise choice, lady 😉
I love this – it reminds me of the hot chocolate in Italy – which was always more like pudding than anything else. Yum!