Take a trip to the farmer’s market in this easy, no-cook taste of summer Zucchini, Peach and Burrata Salad.
I couldn’t believe it, were my eyes deceiving me? As I was scrolling through my facebook feed the other day, first day of school pictures were already popping up.
How? How is this even possible? I feel like I’ve barely even summered yet and kids are back in school? It seems entirely wrong that their summer should end when I just ticked off the second day at the beach so far this summer. It’s totally the east coaster in me that grew up with school firmly staring right after Labor Day – when the weather started to cool off just a tad and summer has fully run its course.
I don’t know how these kids do it with summer still on the brain and mother nature still turning the oven on high. I’d be sitting in that classroom dreaming of beaches, pools and ice cream. Well who knows, maybe those kids are.
You know what though? There are no kids here and no back to school. We are still firmly in summer mode until I say so and that means all the summer foods we can stomach until they disappear for the season.
This zucchini, peach and burrata salad is a burst of summer on your plate. It takes all of 10 minutes to put together with the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors. There’s no cooking involved, so that burning inferno happening outside is absolutely no excuse to enjoy this cooling and refreshing salad.
Plus if you haven’t had a chance to go to your local farmer’s market all summer, this salad is your best excuse to do so now. It’s the best time of the year to go and it’s a shining example of the season. It’s loaded up with summer ripe peaches, farm fresh zucchini and the best cherry tomatoes you’ll have all season long.
The burrata and prosciutto is an extra bonus and if you have a farmer’s market that sells both, well I want to hear about it and go there.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 ripe peach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces burrata
- 2 ounces ( 4 slices) prosciutto di Parma
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar glaze
- flaky sea salt and black pepper
- Using a spiralizer set on the flat blade, cut the zucchini into thin noodles. Break up the noodle pieces and arrange on a large platter.
- Cut the peach in half, remove the pit and thinly slice.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes
- Arrange the slices peaches, cherry tomatoes and tear the burrata into pieces and arrange on top of the zucchini.
- Either roll up or tear pieces of the Prosciutto di Parma and place on the salad.
- Finish with a drizzle of the balsamic glaze and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately