I’m so ashamed. Two years of blogging, 4 CSA seasons and nary a simple zucchini bread recipe to show for it. I hang my head in shame. I finally decided it was time to fix this problem, after all zucchini bread is a staple every summer when I’m over-flowing with them from my CSA.
I was recently at a local coffee shop when I spotted some nutella swirl bread in their pastry case. Staring at it (although sadly I didn’t give in), I thought, self you need to do something with a nutella swirl. While this bread is awesome on it’s own, that little bit of nutella swirled on top is just what it needed to make it the best zucchini bread ever.
Since it’s the beginning of the month, that means it is time for The Leftovers Club again. It’s always exciting to find out who might be paired with, but this month was extra fun because I got to mail this Nutella swirl zucchini bread to Aly at Cooking In Stilettos! Aly is a fellow pug mother, which meant I also packed a little something extra in my box for her Souspug. The little guy hasn’t been feeling well lately and you don’t know sadness until you’ve seen a sad pug. The face will melt your heart. Oh and if you are curious what Aly sent me? The most awesome, delicious brownie with a s’mores topping! mmmm! mmmmm! Plus something for my guy!
He’s totally earned his nickname of superpug too now that he’s learned to jump high enough onto our bed.
So now I have two requests, go make this tender, moist zucchini bread – with just a little hint of chocolate this weekend. You’ll thank me and hug a pug. 🙂
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup tightly packed light brown sugar
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 heaping tablespoons Nutella
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F. and grease 2 9X5 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar.
- Place the shredded zucchini in a tea towel or in a colander and press out excess moisture. Add to the flour mixture.
- Pour in the melted butter and the eggs. Stir until well combined.
- Divide the batter between the two pans and drop 3 heaping tablespoons of nutella on top of the batter in each pan.
- Using a butter knife, swirl the nutella into the batter - this is a thick batter and the swirl pattern may not look very distinct that this point.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in the pans on a wire rack before removing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- The bread can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost by leaving it on the counter to thaw.
Wow I’ve never thought of adding Nutella to zucchini bread, sounds great!
I have no pug to hug! If I come to NY, I’ll hug Sir Pugsley…and maybe, just maybe…you can have some of this bread waiting?
OMG the superpug stuff is TOO cute!
And yeah I’d def. say that nutella swirl would catapult this bread into best zucchini bread ever zone!
This looks really, really good! Nice post, thanks for sharing!
Pingback: Rocky Road Brownies for #TheLeftoversClub - Cooking In Stilettos™
The Best Zucchini Bread EVER is right – oh my heavens it is divine! Whole Paychex is having a sale on zucchini so I think that I need to make ASAP! The SousPug and Sir Pugsley need to have a playdate one day soon 🙂 Thank you again Susan!!
Pingback: 46 Sweet and Savory Zucchini Ideas - Crazy for Crust
Pingback: Zucchini Donuts - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen | The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Delicious! Made this bread the other day and the whole family loved it! Thank you for the delicious recipe. It has quickly become one of my favorites!
Thank you! So very happy you enjoyed the bread, as did your family!
Very tasty! Just got it out of the oven and it’s wonderful. I had a little bit too much zucchini so I added an extra egg and more nutella and after 45 min it turned out perfect