Forget about all the other popular Halloween food, today it’s all about how the delicious potato can have the spotlight and been fun and spooky at your Halloween soiree. Just take a look at these Roasted Potato Eyeballs. Wouldn’t you want to take a bite of something that’s looking back at you?
This post is sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission. All opinions are my own.
It’s creepy, it’s crawly, it’s green and gooey and oh my goodness are those giant eyes?!!! Put down the fork and knife, even your cloth napkin, it’s time to have some fun and play with your food. Yes that’s correct all those rules that your parents taught you when you were younger get tossed out the window today because confession time – how often did you mold your mashed potatoes into little ghosts on your dinner plate as a kid?
My good friends at Idaho® potatoes suspected as much, which is why they gave the go ahead today to my #SundaySupper crew to craft some seriously spooky, ghouly and ghastly potato recipes for any upcoming Halloween parties.
When it comes to spookified food, potatoes might not be the first thing that comes to mind but they are the perfect option for you to put out at your party buffet. For starters, we need something that’s a little nutritious to balance out all the candy floating around. Secondly,Idaho® potatoes can cook up into all sorts of fun Halloween ideas. You’ve got your mashed potato ghosts as I mentioned above, how about potato graves, mummies or spiders?
My creative time with food only goes so far but I could resist the play on potato eyes by actually making my potatoes into eyeballs! This is an appetizer that is sure to win everyone over, not only for it being fun but for it tasting good as well!
Check out more great Idaho® potatoes recipes on their pinterest page and be sure to say hello over at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Also visit the #SundaySupper Fun and Creepy Pinterest board for more recipes and Halloween inspiration.
Fun and Spooky Potato Savory Bites:
- A Bowlful of Creepy Crawlies by kimchi MOM
- Bloody Mary Potatoes by The Messy Baker
- Devilish Potato Mummies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Halloween Baked Potato Skin Pizzas by Alida’s Kitchen
- Jack O’Lantern Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Peppers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeno Chili Stuffed Potato Mummies by Feed Me, Seymour
- Loaded Mashed Potato Spider Web Casserole by NeighborFood
- Mashed Potato Grave by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mashed Potato Monsters by Ruffles & Truffles
- Monster Mash Potatoes by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Potato Eyeballs by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Roasted Potato Graveyard by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Spooky Halloween Potatoes Graveyard by Clarks Condensed
- Spooky Spiderweb Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes by Rhubarb and Honey
- Stuffed Potato Spiders by Family Foodie
- Twice Baked Potato Graves by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Twice Baked Potato Mummies Covered with Roaches by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Fun and Spooky Potato Sweet Treats:
- Chocolate Potato Skull Cake by Magnolia Days
- Potato Candy Spiders by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Raspberry Ghoulash by Desserts Required
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.