Welcome to a new monthly series! After great feedback from my reader survey I decided to add in a little month in review/ what’s happening in my life post! Hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think!
- Now that September is over I can say I have successfully completed the Whole30 plan. Am I happy it’s over? Absolutely. Am I happy I did it? Yes, I feel better overall, I know what personal food changes I need to make and bonus I lost 8 pounds. I never loose weight so effortlessly. The real challenge is keeping it off.
- Oh and of course on October 1st I promptly had my first serving of peanut butter. I never realized how much I needed it in my life until I couldn’t have it.
- Speaking of changes, did you notice the little facelift the homepage received this week? Now you have to choose your adventure when you come for a visit. Do you seek the latest recipe or do you order cookies?
- I’d do both, but definitely order cookies. It’s National Cookie Month you know. I feel like I should do something. Perhaps I will but I’d pay attention to Facebook if I were you to see if something special for the Bake Shop pops up.
- If you didn’t know it already I have the laziest, yet cutest dog in the world. His latest thing is to lay on the couch diagonal taking up as much room as possible that a 16 pound dog can take. You’d think it would be easy to move him but he becomes a lump of coal when he sleeps.
- All nighttime productivity is about to fly out the window this month because Netflix has Gilmore Girls. How excited are you for this? Also I might have discovered recently that Amazon Prime carries all the seasons of Beverly Hills 90210. I had been watching it in secret when Braden was out but he caught me recently. What can I say, I love the Brenda years. Now someone just needs to start streaming Friends and I’m all good.
- Speaking of nostalgia, I’ve been reading From Scratch: Inside the Food Network for the last two weeks. I can’t put this book down. I have about a hundred pages left and yes we all know where and how the network has ended up but it’s fascinating reading about the start of the company and how it came to be. Mostly they were just taking advantage of an opportunity and an area that wasn’t previously covered on television. If you are looking for a book to dish out on the stars of the network this one isn’t for you, but if you are like me and have been watching Food Network basically since it came on air it’s thoroughly entertaining. I also miss all those old shows, Two Fat Ladies, Two Hot Tamales, Ready. . Set Cook!, Food 911, Cooking Live.
Here’s the list of recipes from September that you might have missed this month.
- Peanut Butter Cup S’more Milkshake
- Cinnamon Dulce de Leche Spritz Sandwich Cookies
- Skirt Steak Tacos with Roasted Peppers
- Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Dip with Za’atar Chips
- Spiced Pork Chops with Avocado, Mango and Tomato Relish
- Roasted Branzino with Tomatoes and Lemon Basil Sauce
- Pineapple Chile Lime Wings
- Carrot Habanero Duck Meatballs
- Spiced Plum Jam & Gin Cocktail
- Roasted Potato Eyeballs
- Za’atar Spiced Cashews
And our most popular recipe this month was. . . .Sausage and Farro Stuffed Acorn Squash!
Until next month friends when we bring back pumpkin and more sweets!