A little bit sweet and a little bit of heat, Pineapple Chile Lime Wings are a surefire win at your tailgating or party table.
Pick a number between 1 and 10 with #1 being the least and #10 the most. How thoroughly confused are you right now that I’m participating in a 10 day tailgating event after I’ve profusely discussed my absolutely dislike of football? Is that number a 10?
I’m not surprised at all.
Let me explain my reasons to you why I’m joining in this week with 2 dozen other bloggers to bring you all sorts of tasty tailgating eats.
#1) I don’t like the game but I like the food and all those tailgating recipes translates very easily to party and entertaining eats.
#2) I don’t like the game but according to polls professional football is ranked #1 in the US and college football ranked #3 as the most popular sports. Someone is clearly a fan. I suppose out of those people who like watching the game, one of them must you reading it out there. Correct?
#3) I aim to please. I like what I am cooking up here and if I didn’t call this a tailgating recipe I’d just call it a New Years appetizer in December. It’s all about perspective!
There is actually a 4th personal challenge I put up when I joined in this 10 day celebration, could I make tailgating eats fun, appetizing and yet still relatively healthy?
The resounding answer is yes! These wings are totally within the guidelines of a paleo and Whole30 lifestyle! Instead of pineapple juice, I pureed my own for the marinade to make sure there were no hidden sugars and the chicken gets baked long enough to come out tasting crispy and charred. Heck, if I had a real grill I’d just toss them on there to crisp everything up.
What’s great about this recipe is that no one will know it’s secretly a little bit good for you. I bet it’ll go just as quickly as the breaded and fried buffalo wings sitting out on the table.
- 1½ to 2lbs Chicken Wings (drumettes & flats), preferably organic, antibiotic/hormone-free
- ½ ripe pineapple cut into chunks, pureed
- juice from 1 lime
- 1-2 jalapenos roughly chopped, depending on your spice level
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the chicken wings in a shallow glass container so they lay in an even layer and pour in the pineapple puree, lime juice, jalapenos and sprinkle with kosher salt. Mix well with your hands to combine the ingredients and make sure the wings are completely coated.
- Marinate covered in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and place on the prepared baking sheet. If you want to keep the spice level down bake some pieces without jalapenos on them or if not just leave as is.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and has started to char slightly.
- Serve immediately.
Now let’s check out the rest of the recipes on today’s lineup and don’t forget to enter the awesome giveaway by clicking over here! p.s. one of the 14 prizes just happens to be cookies from ME!
- Loaded Baked Nacho Supreme by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Baked Blueberry Pork Egg Rolls by The Pajama Chef
- Gazpacho Shooters with Spicy Shrimp by OnTheMove-In the Galley
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders with BlueCheese Aioli by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Soft Pretzels and Buffalo Cheese Dip by Things I Make (for Dinner)
- Cheesy Bean Dip by Making Miracles
- Garden Fresh Salsa by Eliot’s Eats
- Pineapple Salsa by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Devilish 7-Layer Dip by Miss Laura’s Kitchen
- War Eagle Sangria by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spicy Strawberry Bourbon Shooters by CafeTerraBlog
- Iowa Sunrise by From Gate to Plate
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad by Cooking In Stilettos
- El Diablo’d Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Ginger Chicken Kabobs by Summer Scraps
- Chili by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spiced Fig and Garlic Chicken Wings by girlichef
- Baked Mac and Cheese with Bacon Pretzel Topping by Debbi Does Dinner Healthy
- Asian Duck Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Chile Lime Wings by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Love and Confections
Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies by The Spiffy Cookie