Oh hey there! Morning (or err afternoon/evening depending on what time you’ve sat down to read), let’s have a chat today about the most important meal of the day.
I KNOW, you’ve been hearing this for your entire life. Why do need you another person to tell you that it’s so incredibly important to start the day with a good meal? Because it is, that’s why and because you can make that meal pretty darn awesome.
I get it, because it is isn’t a very valid argument. How about because a protein packed breakfast not only is healthy but also gives you the energy to be productive throughout the day? How about making a delicious breakfast at home saves you time and money? Yes it does, this avocado toast might look fancy but I promise it’s easy to put together and it’s a lot cheaper than that coffee and pastry you buy on a regular basis.
I also don’t want to hear the argument about not having time in the morning to make breakfast. I’m a busy person, I work full-time, I run a blog, I’m opening a bake shop, I’m a wife, I’m a mother to a very spoiled pug, I work out to keep myself fit and healthy and I eat breakfast every single morning. There is a reason why I’ve presented two options on the plate here.
You’ve got option A) weekday breakfast: toast your bread, cut up your avocado, tomatoes and sprinkle it with the feta. Then there is option B) weekend breakfast: top option A with that poached egg.
Avocados and eggs are packed full of protein, healthy fats and vitamins. Plus it just tastes good!
American Family Insurance is continuing with their Choose Dreams campaign today and we are discussing healthy eating on a budget and recipes for performance.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a family of two and a pug like me or a family of 4; the first steps to saving money and eating healthy is cooking at home. Starting your day with a healthy breakfast will keep you away from the office vending machine and will fuel you with energy for a jam packed day.
For more great ways to lead a healthy fit lifestyle check out American Family Insurance’s Health and Fitness #ChooseDreams Pinterest Board plus recipes below from #SundaySupper contributors.
Get Up and Go Power Breakfasts
- Get Up and Go Mocha Breakfast Smoothie by The Foodie Army Wife
- Avocado Tomato and Feta Toast with Poached Eggs by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie by The Messy Baker
Salads and Healthy Snacks
- Cherry Kale Panzanella by Jelly Toast
- Watermelon Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing by Runner’s Tales
- Southwestern Chicken Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars by Magnolia Days
Healthy Fit Lifestyle Dinners
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Summer Salsa by Foxes Love Lemons
- Blueberry Pork Chops by MealDiva
- Individual Grilled Veggie Pizzas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Almond Cashew Chicken by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Quinoa Bowls with Grilled Vegetables and Corn Salsa by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Chicken and Vegetable Pasta by Momma’s Meals
- Spiced Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Chicken Spinach Quinoa and Brown Rice by Family Foodie
- Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Popsicles by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry Quinoa Cobbler by Run DMT
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more greatSunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.