Are you experiencing spring-like weather by you yet? Apparently Puxatony Phil got it all wrong this year, because as I look out my window today (today being Saturday when I’m writing this) it’s snowing.
Snow does not = early spring. That’s what we get for trusting our weather report to a giant rodent.
No matter where you are located #SundaySupper is celebrating spring today with a great collection of recipes.
Next to fall, spring is my favorite season. I love seeing all the fresh green sprouting from the trees and the ground, not to mention all the great fruits and vegetables that come into season.
Plus, tell me I’m not the only one who feels like the air smells just a little bit fresher in spring? Perhaps, it’s the warm weather that gets me outside more often and I have a chance to breath the air again.
This dish is the perfect taste of the season – fresh asparagus is shaved over eggs (which I highly recommend getting farm fresh if you can) in a bed of proscuitto. Preparation and cooking time takes about 25 minutes, short enough for you to get back outside!
- 4 slices proscuitto di parma
- 4 large eggs
- 2-3 stalks of asparagus, tough ends removed
- freshly ground black pepper
- parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an individual baking dish, line the bottom and sides with two slices of proscuitto.
- Break the egg in a small bowl to make sure the yolk stays intact and no shell pieces get into the whites and then pour into the bed of proscuitto. Repeat with second egg.
- Using a peeler, shave thin pieces of asparagus and place over the eggs, making sure not to break the yolk. Depending on the thickness of the asparagus will determine how many pieces you can peel off.
- Season with a little bit of freshly ground black pepper and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the whites are completely set and the yolks are still runny.
- Carefully remove from the oven and finish with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread by The Meltaways
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake by The Ninja Baker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!