Are you experiencing spring-like weather by you yet? Apparently Puxatony Phil got it all wrong this year, because as I look out my window today (today being Saturday when I’m writing this) it’s snowing.
Snow does not = early spring. That’s what we get for trusting our weather report to a giant rodent.
No matter where you are located #SundaySupper is celebrating spring today with a great collection of recipes.
Next to fall, spring is my favorite season. I love seeing all the fresh green sprouting from the trees and the ground, not to mention all the great fruits and vegetables that come into season.
Plus, tell me I’m not the only one who feels like the air smells just a little bit fresher in spring? Perhaps, it’s the warm weather that gets me outside more often and I have a chance to breath the air again.
This dish is the perfect taste of the season – fresh asparagus is shaved over eggs (which I highly recommend getting farm fresh if you can) in a bed of proscuitto. Preparation and cooking time takes about 25 minutes, short enough for you to get back outside!
- 4 slices proscuitto di parma
- 4 large eggs
- 2-3 stalks of asparagus, tough ends removed
- freshly ground black pepper
- parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an individual baking dish, line the bottom and sides with two slices of proscuitto.
- Break the egg in a small bowl to make sure the yolk stays intact and no shell pieces get into the whites and then pour into the bed of proscuitto. Repeat with second egg.
- Using a peeler, shave thin pieces of asparagus and place over the eggs, making sure not to break the yolk. Depending on the thickness of the asparagus will determine how many pieces you can peel off.
- Season with a little bit of freshly ground black pepper and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the whites are completely set and the yolks are still runny.
- Carefully remove from the oven and finish with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
For more spring time recipe inspiration check out what the rest of the #SundaySupper contributors are making this week.
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread by The Meltaways
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake by The Ninja Baker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat!
Pingback: Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen | Sunday Supper | Scoop.it
Pingback: Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce #SundaySupper - Mama's Blissful Bites
Sadly as I am writing this we are getting some snow as well. I think mother nature has her calendar wrong because this is just getting silly. But the fact that you paired prosciutto and asparagus together I think is enough to perk me up. This looks wonderful
Pingback: Strawberry Sorbet Recipe for #SundaySupper | Magnolia Days
Pingback: Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) #SundaySupper
Ugh that snow.
I love spring and cannot waaait (and yes the air totally has a specific feel/smell)!
Pingback: Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups – Cupcakes & Kale Chips — Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Pingback: Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles for #SundaySupper « Diabetic Foodie
Mmm I can just imagine how delicious this is. Perfect for a simple brunch get together.
This is my kind of dish! I went in a prosciutto-asparagus direction today too. Great minds …
Pingback: Green Garbanzo Hummus
Pingback: Salmon and Asparagus Spring Salad — Family Foodie
This looks amazing! I love the prosciutto! It is snowy here too, but I can not wait for local asparagus to start sprouting.
Pingback: Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes - ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
I need little ramekins…stat!
Yes, spring must be my second favorite season as well. Everything is just so fresh, the air so clean and the sun is finally more powerful….This looks like the perfect Sunday morning breakfast. I will need to make it soon…
I have never had baked eggs but this recipe makes me want to try! And we have some cute little baking dishes for the girls that would work perfect.
I think the air smells fresher in spring because our thoughts tend to be happier. This is one dish I could eat for brunch every day, not just now. Shaved asparagus is one of my favorite ways of eating them. And the rest of the ingredients, who doesn´t love them?
Pingback: Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Crispy Shallots for #SundaySupperHip Foodie Mom | Hip Foodie Mom
Pingback: Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings & Orecchiette #SundaySupper | Webicurean
These baked eggs look delicious! Love the combination of everything, yum!
I haven’t had breakfast yet and that is killing me. I haven’t done baked eggs like that before. They look so good!!!
I’m dying for a bite of this!! It looks like perfect elegant breakfast any day 🙂 Love the pics too 🙂 Beautiful!
Pingback: Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette | Daily Dish Recipes
wow this looks good! Looks like I need to bake me some eggs!
I love baked eggs and the proscuitto make perfect cups!
I couldn’t believe it was snowing yesterday, but hopefully warm weather is on its way next week.
Hope your move went smoothly…you did move, right? 🙂
This looks amazing! Very cool on the shaved asparagus… can’t wait to try this all! 😉
Oh my heavens, you could put prosciutto on a shoe and it would be amazing! LOL
I can’t believe how much snow the eastern parts of Canada and the US get. Here on the west coast, it’s straight up rain (although miraculously the sun is shining today! And I’m inside doing chores and work. Arrgghh!). Susan, your baked eggs look fantastic – I love how simple and easy they are to put together. Asparagus always makes me think of springtime.
It’s a gorgeous day here in Atlanta. I can’t wait for the fresh asparagus to start showing up in the farmers markets. This is one dish I want to make especially since I’m getting fresh laid eggs from some friends who have chickens.
Weather people with their technology can’t even guess the weather too well, let alone a groundhog! Who started that tradition anyway?? My parents live 90 minutes away from Punxatawney, so maybe we will go riot 😉 I love baked eggs because they are much easier to make when you have a million other things to go on. Never had asparagus shaved!
Pingback: Candied Flowers for #SundaySupper - Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Pingback: Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches #SundaySupper | Cravings of a Lunatic
I totally forgot about baked eggs! We used to have them on Sundays for breakfast with grainy toast
Ugh! We are impatiently waiting for spring around here too! I certainly have been cheered by all these great spring dishes though. I love the proscuitto “hug”.
Pingback: Cadbury Creme Egg Pull Apart Sweet Rolls | Chocolate Moosey
I haven’t tried baked eggs yet but it’s on my list. Any shaved asparagus is fabulous. I love spring. I really wish New York had some…
Asparagus is definitely calling for spring! I kind if miss spring, especially when I look at your baked eggs dish. yum! Thanks for sharing Susan =)
This is soooo my kind of meal! Just beautiful and so is the photography!
I love making baked eggs, and the proscuitto and asparagus combo with them sounds fantastic!
this is lovely Susan! totally putting this on next weekend’s breakfast menu!
Yum! Perfect Sunday brunch 🙂 I love eggs!
It’s not feeling very spring-like where I live either (Illinois). Today we even had snow flurries. Boo. Hiss.
Your recipe is like nothing else I’ve ever seen. I love the idea of the shaved asparagus on top too. Yummy! Thanks for the new recipe. It makes a lovely presentation in their individual cups too.
Pingback: Individual Three Potato Kugel for Passover — Family Foodie
Puxatony Phil is a liar I do believe! But onto better subjects, I am in love with these baked eggs!
So simple but looks so elegant, Susan!
Pingback: Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread for a Springtime #SundaySupper | Blueberries and Blessings
Pingback: Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream #SundaySupper #Vegan - SUE'S NUTRITION BUZZ
Pingback: Coddle for St. Patrick's Day #SundaySupper | Noshing With The Nolands
Pingback: Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches + Celebrating 2nd Blog Anniversary! - The Girl in the Little Red KitchenThe Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Pingback: Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta ~ Springtime #SundaySupper! | Juanita's Cocina