Take your favorite restaurant salad and put a new twist on it with Spiralized Beet and Goat Cheese Salad. Beet noodles with fresh goat cheese and sugared pecans is a light and fresh take to enjoy all summer long.
Let’s go on a picnic!
After a very long, harsh and bitter cold winter, it seems Mother nature has finally broken through that wall and spring is here! The birds are chirping, the sun is shining and the buds are budding (too much?).
Seriously though, we’ve been cooped up for far too long, and I’m ready for fresh air! I’ll take the pollen and allergy attacks that come with it, if it just means a chance to be outside with a cool breeze brushing by my side. Besides fall, this is my favorite time in the city, it isn’t too hot yet and everything is in bloom. People are out, they are in good moods and we are ready to just be one with our parks.
Growing up my mom took every opportunity possible to go on a picnic. Whether it be at the local park or at the beach, she was always for it! We’d make sandwiches at home, pick up something from the deli or fried chicken and eat it cold. I’m sure I complained at some point, but these picnics are always some of my fondest memories growing up.
Our food might not have been fancy but it was quick easy and there was always a salad or two thrown in.
We definitely didn’t have salads like this at my picnics but it doesn’t mean you can’t have it. While it might seem like it belongs on a plate at a restaurant, this spiralized beet noodle and goat cheese salad is simple, portable and perfect at room temperature. Taking out the greens that normally accompany this salad means you don’t have to worry about it wilting by the time you get to your picnicking destination.
Plus wouldn’t you agree that beet noodles are a lot more fun to eat than diced ones? I bet you could even convince beet haters to give this salad a go.
For more great recipes to take on picnics all spring and summer long, check out the list below.
- Caprese Skewers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crisp Cucumber Salsa with Southwest Style Chips by Momma’s Meals
- French Onion Dip, with Greek Yogurt by Casa de Crews
- Mediterranean Spiced Hummus by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Pepperoni Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Watermelon Salad by annaDishes
- Blackberry Lemonade by The Redhead Baker
- Blueberry Mojito Mocktails by NeighborFood
- Grandma’s Stuff by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Minty Cardinal Punch by Food Lust People Love
- Pineapple Ginger Lemonade Spiked with Turmeric by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sangria Punch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade by Noshing With The Nolands
- Avocado Sriracha Egg Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Barbecue Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Boneless Chicken Wings by Nosh My Way
- Burger Ice Cream by Brunch with Joy
- Chicken Salad Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Spanish tortilla by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli & Tomato Pasta Salad by Flour On My Face
- Buffalo Macaroni Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Couscous Veggie Salad with Pesto by Cooking Chat
- Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Granola Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Style Asparagus Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- No Mayo Slaw with Poppyseed Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Spiralized Beet and Goat Cheese Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sweet and Tangy Brussels Coleslaw with Fennel, Chopped Apples and Golden Raisins by Simply Healthy Family
Soups and Salads:
- Barley and Rice Salad by Family Foodie
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Dried Cranberries by Food Done Light
- Layered Mason Jar Pasta Salad for Two by The Weekend Gourmet
- Smoked Turkey Salad by Our Good Life
- Spinach Salad with Apples & Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Nicoise Salad by The Petit Gourmet
- Bacon-Bulleit Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fudgey Coca Cola Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Earth Day Cupcakes by Savory Experiments
- Gluten Free Cookie Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Lime Pound Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Lemon Yuzu Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Lemon Chess Pies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- No-Bake Cookie Butter Chex Mix Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Peanut Butter Bars by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peanut Butter Carob Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sourdough Chunk Cookies by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.