It is hard to believe that I have been writing this blog for a year, and have yet to post one Julia Child recipe. Whenever I am asked, who is my favorite chef, past or present, Julia is always my answer. I grew up watching her on TV with my parents; my mother loves her too, and would occasionally break out her first edition copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking to make us a special dinner.
This weeks theme for #SundaySupper is a special one, we are working with Land O Lakes and have been asked to prepare simple and fresh summer recipes using their new butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt.
Each blogger participating this week received coupons from Land O Lakes to try out the new product, but unfortunately I had no luck finding it near me!
I’m a proud city gal, and I find very few faults with the city – well except for the Subway (but who am I kidding, everybody complains about that!) However, it can be difficult at times to find a new product when it is launched. With our small grocery stores, it’s a challenge to stock every product in demand.
I ended up mailing my coupons to another blogger, but I plan on keeping an eye out. I have a tendency to add a little butter to my olive oil when I’m cooking, but this new butter would save me from doing both! It also adds a little heart healthiness to baked goods.
Now, I know what you are thinking right now. A Julia Child recipe, simple?
Yes, as a matter of fact, this is perhaps one of Julia’s easiest recipes and can be prepared in about 10 minutes.
Fresh sole requires little preparation beyond a dusting of flour, salt, pepper, plenty of butter and some lemon juice.
- 4 sole filets – 3 to 4 ounces each
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Pat your sole filets dry with a paper towel and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, place the all-purpose flour and also season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat and melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Once the butter stops foaming, dredge the sole in the flour, shaking off the excess and cook 1-2 minutes per side. Cooking 2 filets at a time.
- Remove and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter and let it brown lightly.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the lemon juice and parsley.
- Spoon the sauce over the sole when serving.
- Serve with roasted asparagus and pommes puree.
Before you go, please be sure to stop by and check out all the other delicious meals prepared for #SundaySupper this week.
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettucini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter byThe Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious
- Linguini and Clam Sauce by The Fig and the Pig
About LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt Land O’Lakes is expanding its popular line of half-stick butter with the introduction of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. This new product contains wholesome ingredients: sweet cream, olive oil and sea salt. LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is an easy and convenient way to simply enhance the flavor of your favorite foods. Available in a premeasured half-stick size, this new product can be used for topping and cooking a variety of foods, combining the two ingredients consumers often combine separately when frying or sautéing foods. The delicious taste of butter and olive oil will add delicious flavor to any dish.Land O’Lakes Twitter: @LandOLakesKtchn Land O’Lakes Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/