Welcome to Day 4 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and myself. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to make satisfy all your Ice Cream Cravings.
Let’s have a little chat about one word today.
Dedication. /?dedi?k?SH?n/ noun – the quality of being committed to a task or purpose.
Oh man, let me tell you. It took a lot of dedication not to give up and just skip this recipe today.
This recipe you see right here, this glorious stack of bacon, maple, bourbon and brown sugar goodness in front of you broke my freezer and almost me for a couple of hours this past weekend.
It was not fun I tell you.
A major breakdown happened and I’m not just talking about the freezer. Panic tends to seep in when your ice cream begins to melt when it should be freezing and you realize you also have a freezer full of meat that you’d prefer not to cook in one sitting.
The good news is I did not give up!
I managed to salvage all the melted ice cream, rearranged the freezer so things were stacked so high (my reasoning for why the temperature was rising, maybe? possibly?) and left things for the night to cool down.
As I woke the next morning the first thing I did was run to the freezer and take the temperature – yes folks it is important to have a device around that lets you take the temperature of your fridge and freezer, that’s how we keep our food safe. Happy to see that it was no longer sitting at 29 degrees but down to 15 and the ice cream was solid again! Not exactly at zero like it should be but no longer broken!
A quick assembly and a very quick photo shoot, these guys were done. I was not risking a refreeze again, but whew can we say high stakes for some ice cream?
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane,WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing and Quarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and I have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because we think everyone should own one!
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
- 1 Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Be sure to stop by all of today’s Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Ice Cream Float by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Maple Bacon Bourbon Brown Sugar Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Coffee and Donuts Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate with Buttercream Icing Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Dulce de Leche and Pecan Sundae by My Catholic Kitchen
- Banana Split Finger Sandwiches by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Chunk Ice Cream by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chocolate Mint Frappe by Noshing with the Nolands
- Gluten Free Lemon Mint Frozen Custard by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Oreo Ice Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peach Pie Milkshake by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Vodka Float by Mind Over Batter
- Coconut Cream Fudge Bars by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Coconut Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- How to Make an Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Soda by Mother Would Know
- No Churn Low Carb Mint Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours