Welcome to Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you ice cream treats all week long. I hope you have as much fun as we did. Break out those stretchy pants and celebrate Ice Cream Week with us.
Who’s ready for ice cream? Despite the fact that I’ve been eating ice cream for almost every night for the last few weeks thanks to 6 new ice cream week recipes I’m still ready for some. That’s dedication isn’t it? Now while the weather is feeling more fall-like than summer at the moment, it’s still that time for ice cream cakes, shakes, cookies and pies. It is August after all!
Speaking of pies, how perfect is it that ice cream week is kicking off on National Ice Cream Pie Day?
Pretty good timing if I say so myself.
The idea for this pie was planted in my head after my brother made a candy bar pie featuring some chocolate peanut butter nougat and caramel. I think you can figure out what candy I’m talking about right?
That was the pie of peanut butter, chocolate and caramel lovers dreams but I knew it could be improved with one item.
Actually I lie, my brothers pie could be improved with two items, ice cream and homemade all-natural organic ingredients. I splurge on the bad stuff now and then but when it comes down to it, if I’m already indulging in a chocolate, peanut butter and caramel laden pie it should use the best ingredients possible.
So what are you waiting for? On your way home from work tonight go pick up everything you need for ice cream pie! Make it before dinner and you’ll have one amazing dessert to win over your family.
Make sure you swing by for a scoop from each of today’s Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Ice Cream Pie by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Peppermint Fleck Ice Cream by Scoop Adventures
- Raspberry Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
- Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Buster Bars by The Life and Loves on Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Hezzi-d’s Books and Cooks
- “Fried” Ice Cream Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Mint Chip Ice Cream by Crumb
- S’mores Ice Cream Pie by Love and Confections
- How to Make an Ice Cream Pie at Home by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Gluten Free Sandwich Cookie Ice Cream Pie by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Fudge Topped Chocolate Ice Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Caramel Coffee Milkshake by Wishes and Dishes
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Pie by The Messy Baker
- Majarete (Dominican Corn Pudding) Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
- Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream Cake by The Gunny Sack
- Dirty Girl Scout Ice Cream by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- No Churn Low Carb Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
Other Blogs participating later this week:
Special Guest for the Week is Lindsay Clendaniel of the blog, Scoop Adventures. We’re very excited to have her join us. Lindsay is the author of Scoop Adventures which is chock full of ice cream goodness.