Happy National Cheesecake Day! If there was a holiday to get really excited for I think today might be one of them. Sure we go nuts over pie day or ice cream day or even margarita day but cheesecake might just be the one that really takes the cake (no pun, well maybe a little).
Think about it’s versatility – you can go traditional with NY style or Italian with a touch of ricotta, make cheesecake bars, ice creams, pops, no-bake, baked within a cake, savory, as a cocktail, cookie, or tart. I won’t even get started on the flavors – just think of your favorite flavor and you can put it in a cheesecake. You could probably celebrate any sweet food holiday with a cheesecake by imparting that flavor with it.
Plus it’s CHEESE in a CAKE! Can you get any better than that?
I didn’t think so and therefore lucky for you myself plus 65 or so (I lost count there are a lot of us) of my blog friends joined forces together for the greatest celebration of cheesecake!
Since I felt like I’ve made enough traditional cheesecakes and bars, I thought I’d turned my attention towards the frozen cheesecake variety. Not to mention who wants to turn on their oven for an hour and fifteen minutes at the end of July to make one? Instead you can have your cheesecake prep finished in about 15 minutes and then all it needs is a few hours rest in the freezer to solidify up.
Curious what it tastes like? Creamy, tangy and perfectly sweet and tart from the blackberries. Braden said it tasted just like real cheesecake after his first bite but I say it is real cheesecake just in popsicle form.
So how do you like your cheesecake? Will you favorite type be listed below?
A few cooks notes:
If you aren’t a fan of the blackberry seeds go ahead and puree the blackberries first and strain. Then puree again with the cream cheese/milk mixture and Greek yogurt.
You can use fresh or frozen blackberries for this recipe. I happened to have a bag of frozen blackberries sitting in my freezer for a few months from my CSA and since I don’t love frozen fruit this was the perfect use for it. Side note – it’s rather ironic that I ended up using frozen fruit for the recipe after I recently declared on twitter that I don’t like frozen fruit and vegetables. It’s a personal preference and it has a lot to with texture, apparently people don’t like to hear that and get really defensive. Alright, rant over now make those popsicles with fresh or frozen fruit!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup blackberries
- ⅓ cup non-fat/low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the cream cheese, milk, sugar and salt. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar is dissolved and the cream cheese is completely smooth.
- Pour into a blender with the blackberries and yogurt. Puree until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix together the graham crackers and melted butter.
- Pour the puree into popsicle molds (I recommend these) or dixie cups and top with the graham crackers. Insert popsicle sticks in the center.
- Freeze until for approximately 4 hours until solid or overnight.
- To remove from the molds, run under hot water for 15-20 seconds until they pop out or if using dixie cups just peel the paper away.
- Makes about 8-10 popsicles, depending on how much you pour in each mold.
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neapolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
This post contains affiliate links which helps pay for blog stuff like groceries and hosting.