Our entire group of friends became obsessed with this garlicky spread; it is delicious alone, used as a dip for vegetables, spread on toasted bread or topped on pipping hot pasta!
You can imagine my thrill when these wisps of green beauties arrived in my CSA basket last week.
You are unlikely to find garlic scapes at your regular grocery store, since they are a specialty product, so go out and support your local farmers market.
|Garlic Scape Pesto||
- 20 garlic scapes, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- ⅔ cup toasted walnuts
- ⅔ cup parmigiana cheese
- ¾- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the garlic scapes, walnuts, and cheese in the bowl of your food processor.
- Process until combined and the scapes look like a paste.
- With the processor running. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil from the top, starting with ¾ of a cup. Add the additional ¼ cup if the pesto seems dry or you want a wetter consistency.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.