Out of all the made up food holidays out there, can you believe a Chocolate Peanut Butter day does not exist? I mean come on! This is the best food pairing ever! Well thanks to the great minds of Carla from Chocolate Moosey, Miriam of Overtime Cook and 30 of my closest blogger friends we are declaring today Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! We have all types of recipes to share with you today, from cookies to bars to scones and muffins.
Want to join in on all the chocolate and peanut butter fun? Follow us on social media all day using the hashtag #ChocPBDay. Share your recipes with us and make sure to stop by our pinterest board. On top of the awesome recipes that will keep you busy for awhile, we have a fabulous giveaway thanks to OXO, King Arthur Flour and Peanut Butter & Co.
Let’s talk about the perfect marriage of chocolate and peanut butter. Seriously I can’t think of any food combination that satisfies any food craving more than this. I don’t need much, just give me a jar of peanut butter, a spoon and some chocolate chips.
Come on. Don’t look at me like that. You know you do it to and you know it’s the best feeling in the world. So despite my love for it, I had the most difficult time coming up with a recipe. Part of me wanted to recreate this tunnel of peanut butter dessert that I had while in Bermuda last summer. I had a photo of it but no idea how it was made. The dessert was a rich brownie topped with creamy peanut butter and some sort of chocolate/candy shell. It was a marvel and delicious.
Part of me thought I could take the easy route and just make a chocolate and peanut butter macaron but then this idea popped into my head. Why not make a giant, grown up peanut butter cup? I consider this dessert restaurant worthy and it’s seriously impressive but deceptively easy.
There is a little bit of equipment required when making this recipe – just some silicone muffin/cupcake liners and a digital scale (like the one from OXO) is helpful. I haven’t tried making the shells in regular cupcake liners but with the silicone ones, it’s easy to just peel it right off the chocolate after it sets. As you can see, a little bit still broke from the edges but just call the look rustic.
- 8oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup no-stir natural style creamy peanut butter
- 2oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- In a double boiler or water bath melt the chocolate until about it is 3/4 of the way melted. Remove from the heat and stir until completely melted.
- Place 1 silicone muffin cup on a digital scale and tare to zero. Pour in 1 ounce of melted chocolate and swirl the chocolate around the sides and bottom of the cup. You want the chocolate to go about halfway up the sides, swirling 4-5 times.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- Place the chocolate coated cups on a baking tray and into the freezer for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Save the remaining chocolate for the chocolate sauce.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whip, whisk 1 cup of heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and salt. Mix in about 1/4 of the whipped cream to get a creamy consistency.
- Place 1/3 o the remaining whipped cream in the bowl and with a rubber spatula carefully fold in the whipped cream, careful not to deflate. Rotate the bowl as you fold in the whipped cream. Add the next 1/3 and fold and then finish with the rest.
- Place the peanut butter mousse in a pipping bag fitted with a tip of your choice (I used a 1M tip).
- Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and very carefully peel back the silicone cups.
- Pipe in a generous amount of mousse in each cup. There may be some mousse leftover and you can store that in the refrigerator for another use.
- Lastly, place the remaining chocolate back on the double boiler or water bath and add the remaining heavy cream. Warm until the sauce is thin and pourable.
- Pour the sauce over the cups just before serving.
A huge thank you to our sponsors! Be sure to follow them on social media:
OXO: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | YouTube
King Arthur Flour: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Peanut Butter & Co: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest| Instagram | YouTube
Three lucky winners will win one of the following:
Prize Pack #1: OXO Baking Tool Set: One 3-in-1 Egg Separator, One Bent Icing Knife, One Brownie Spatula, One Cake Tester, One Cookie Spatula, One Cupcake Icing Knife, One Cupcake Corer, One Egg Beater, One Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, One Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, One Medium Cookie Scoop
Prize Pack #2: King Arthur Flour ingredients: One bag of all-purpose flour, one package of Guittard bittersweet chocolate disks, and one bottle of pure vanilla extract
Prize Pack #3: Peanut Butter and Co. package including: one Dark Chocolate Dreams 6-pack, One Variety 6-pack, and One 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams cookbook
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will be picked from random draw. Giveaway ends Monday March 31 at 11:59 PM. The winners will be notified via email and have 24 hours to respond. If not, the prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
Lastly here’s a list of everyone participating because what you need right now is more chocolate and peanut butter in your life.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
Okay so this is basically the BEST FOOD HOLIDAY EVER. I want to INHALE these cups!!
Pingback: Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait for #chocPBday | Hip Foodie Mom
Chocolate/peanut butter is my most favorite combo ever. Blogging/reading blogs when you gave up sweets for Lent is tough! 🙂 Can’t wait until Easter!
Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies #chocPBday #Giveaway - In The Kitchen With KP : In The Kitchen With KP
Good morning, my favorite peanut butter and chocolate treat is reese’s peanut butter cups, not original but still my favorite. Thank you for the recipies cant wait to try your cups.
These look ah-mazing! The first thing that popped in my head was to do a PB filling in a chocolate cup, but then I changed my mind – these are even better than I imagined them – the sauce over-top is killer!
I would have to say that these cups are my favorite pb treat! Well done!
Dark chocolate whoopie pies with peanut butter cream frosting as the filling
Pingback: Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti and a GIVEAWAY
Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls for #ChocolatePeanutButterDay #chocPBday and a #Giveaway | gotta get baked
Pingback: Oh Happy Day: Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars - Crumb: A Food Blog
Oh, my. I’m dying with all this chocolate-peanut butter love today!
I’m ready to swan dive into these! Gorgeous!
Pingback: Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies |
have to say i’m rather partial to peanut butter cups myself.
I actually stopped scrolling down just so I could stare at your photo of these heavenly cups for a while. Pinned and I will be dreaming about these for a long, long time.
GORGEOUS!! And they sound delicious! My stomach is now growling!
My favorite is a peanut butter cup crushed and mixed in vanilla bean ice cream!
Pingback: Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls #chocPBday - Cindy's RecipesCindy's Recipes and Writings
I think it is going to be this very recipe for Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups – they look FABULOUS!
Whoa, what an incredible dessert! I’ll be making these LONG before the next chocolate-pb day rolls around 😉
Peanut butter mousse never looked so good. Great presentation too.
Very crafty, Susan! And I love that “pouring” gif. You are so smart and these look delicious!
aghhhhhh Susan!!!! These look friggin amazingggg! I am dying over the pictures (and gif!) you’ve made me super duper hungry.
I’m making an immediate amendment to my living will. When I die, I would like to be covered in a blanket of these cups. <3
Oh my gosh, the purest essence of chocolate and peanut butter!
Best.Day.Ever!! And these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups are the BEST EVER! I want them all up in my face… NOW…
These pictures make me want to lick my screen!!
It’s so crazy that today is a self-declared chocolate peanut butter day. I just threw a new recipe post up that coincides miraculously! I’m so excited, wish I hadn’t noticed this right at bed time, now I’ll be up all night…
Pingback: Peanut butter and chocolate chips bars recipe - Roxana's Home Baking
Okay, LOVE the little mini-movie TIF with the chocolate sauce pouring…can you teach me how to do that???
Yes I can! I’ll shoot you an email when you’re back from vacation on how I do it (and it’s really easy too)!
Peanut butter cups are my favorite!
Girl, you so fancy! These are beautiful, Susan. Those little chocolate cups are perfect and I’m jealous of your piping skills with that luscious peanut butter filling. As for the pouring of the chocolate sauce over top…oh baby. I used this phrase in my comment on Courtney’s cake post and I’ll say it here: it’s like the best food porn evah! I hope you’re having in incredible time in Italy (judging by all the photos of the amazing food and sites, I’d say you are! You deserve it, lady!).
Don’t be jeals of the piping skills. It’s pretty easy and all thanks to the right tip. 🙂
These are so pretty!!!! oh my gawd. . I love that you made the chocolate liners!!! Brilliant!! so inventive. . I love these!
Love these! Though I’d probably end up piping piping half of that delicious peanut butter filling straight into my mouth instead of all pretty-like into the cups, because I’m totally classy like that. 😉
These are seriously gorgeous Susan. GORGEOUS! The gif with the ganache pouring over top? I die.
I thought I was imagining that gif until I read the comment above. And I did not just imagine myself lick the screen? Oh that was real. Oops. YUMMY!
OMG, I love the animated GIF! These look absolutely divine! Happy Chocolate Peanut Butter Day!
Gorgeous Susan! This looks so creamy and delicious!
My favorite homemade chocolate peanut butter treat is my Oatmeal Chocolate chip Peanut Butter Cookies. Mmmmm they are so good. My favorite store bought chocolate peanut butter treat is of course Reese’s Cups in the holiday shapes. You get more peanut butter in those. 🙂
What a great recipe – the photos of it make me want to climb in and eat them all up! The animated GIF was amazing!!
Pingback: Peanut butter and chocolate chip bars recipe - Roxana's Home Baking
I love these more than making traditional peanut butter cups because these are much bigger. Bigger = more peanut butter and chocolate.
Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake + Giveaway - I Wash You Dry
These are incredibly elegant and delicious looking. I’m curious how you did that stop and go photography? Very cool!
It’s pretty easy to make a gif! I take a bunch of photos in a row and then upload it to a gif making website.
Precisely the perfect amount of peanut butter for my tastes!
Pinned to my PB Boards! Love these! Saw them on FG today!
Thanks so much Averie!
Pingback: Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars - Food Faith Fitness
These look so fantastic! I’m making them tonight and I was just wondering if you used mini-muffin cups or regular sized muffin cups.
Thank you Christina! I actually used jumbo silicone muffin cups but regular sized cups would work as well. Enjoy them tonight!
Pingback: Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups | The ...
Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts - It's Yummi!
Pingback: Dessert | Pearltrees
Pingback: Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Krispie Crust - Food Faith Fitness
Pingback: 100+ Peanut Butter & Chocolate Dessert Recipes for The Bug's Birthday - Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Holy cow, they look fantastic. Have to get together with my sister and make them for the family. I’m sure they will love them.
Thanks so much Dina! I’m sure this will be a hit with your family!
You did a wonderful job. I made these in 2004 and then lost the recipe. I was so excited to find it again. I sent them to my husbands co-workers and clients and they loved them. Thank you for posting this recipe. Everyone should make these at least once. You will be hooked and people will be requested often. Thanks again.
A fan of your creativity and ideas,
Lisa Renee Barnes Lampros