Need a fun and festive cake for a celebration? Don’t have the time or inclination to make a huge layer cake? Look no further, Monster Cookie Cake to the rescue! Who can refuse a warm cake from the oven topped with caramel sauce, ice cream, whipped cream and sprinkles?
Welcome to Day One of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
Thanks to our sponsors for Christmas Week. Anolon is donating a 5-piece Bakeware Set. Swing by their Facebook Page to show them some love. We also have Ball supplying us with 4 sets of Jars in their gorgeous Green Heritage Color. Swing by their Ball Canning and Recipes Facebook Page to say hello.
Welcome to Christmas Week aka Holiday Baking Week aka let’s stuff our faces with butter, sugar, chocolate and candy week because it’s December and calories don’t count week.
Seriously, they don’t, at least if I keep telling myself that over and over it could potentially be true (plus I haven’t been to the gym in 3 weeks, so I need it to be so).
Also welcome to Susan’s birthday celebration week; so kind of Kim to kick off this giant celebration in my honor isn’t it? I kid, it’s really not for me, it’s for you, because let’s be honest I bet you still have holiday baking to finish up on that long list of yours.
While yes, technically recipes you’ll find today through Friday are holiday centric – today – it’s all about me.
So I made myself a birthday cake, which can absolutely double as a fun and easy Christmas cake too. Especially if you are a fellow December birthday child. I feel you.
Why cookie cake?
I will tell you why.
First off – best of both worlds – cookie + cake. Second, you can eat it out of the pan. Third, you can drizzle caramel sauce all over the top, finish with a scoop of ice cream and sprinkles.
You have to have the sprinkles.
Lastly, it’s easy. Baking should all be about the ease during the holidays. It should be a no-brainer and fun and one you can mix together with kids.
So grab a friend or 3 and dig into this cookie cake straight out of the oven, no need to let this baby cool down. Oh but don’t do what I did and stuff it all into a tiny skillet, size up just a bit so you don’t spend an hour baking something that should take 30 minutes. 🙂
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
- Coconut Layer Cake by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Monster Cookie Cake by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chewy Molasses Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by My Catholic Kitchen
- Cranberry Berry Pomegranate Sangria by Mind Over Batter
- Cranberry Cheesecake by From Gate to Plate
- Eggnog Made Easier by Cookistry
- Eggnog Muffins with Eggnog Glaze by Food Lust People Love
- Finnish Pulla (Cardamom Coffee Braid) by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Red Velvet Fudge by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Millionaire’s Shortbread Cookies by Cooking In Stilettos
A birthday isn’t complete without presents right? How about we give you some?!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway Prizes include:
- One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
- Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbooks:
- One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
- One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
- One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
- One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
- One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
- One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
- One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
- One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
- One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
- One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
- One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley