I say it every year but it’s hard to believe another one has passed. In a matter of days we’ll be saying goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014. In honor of the new year to come and the one we just finished #SundaySupper is reflecting and making resolutions today.
The recipe I’m bringing along for the ride is most definitely a reflection of a new culinary journey I discovered this year and perfect for your New Years Day brunch while you reflect on your own journeys.
If you told me this was going to be the year I fell in love with mixing up cocktails I’d never believe you. I always had fun mixing in a little booze into my baked goods or some beer into a savory dish but my bar cart was mostly stocked with items leftover from past parties.
The journey began with a decision to take part of a daiquiri competition. I had no idea what I was getting myself into but it sounded fun and I’m always up for a good challenge. The competition fell through but sitting at home making up the cocktails needed for the competition sparked the hidden mixologist inside of me. What followed up was our labor day #SundaySupper and my Cherry Bourbon Lemonade that appeared everywhere.
So I learned you guys like to drink and I like to make the drinks. It’s a perfect match and one I’m looking forward to continuing. I already have some fun seasonal drinks planned for January. For now, let’s talk about our bloody mary. Bloody Marys have long been known to be the cure for a wicked hangover. The tomato juice, the spice and of course that hair of the dog supposedly have restorative powers. I for one couldn’t tell you if it works or not. What I can tell you is the combination of the sweet and slightly spicy candied bacon and smokey bourbon makes a bloody mary so good you’ll never go back to the vodka based version again.
Let’s take a look at the rest of the reflections and resolutions #SundaySupper cooked up today.
- Snowman Eggnog Pancakes from Shockingly Delicious
- Baked Oatmeal from In The Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding from girlichef
Appetizers & Snacks
- Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Popcorn from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Moroccan Cigars from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Baked Camembert with Caramel and Pecans from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pancetta & Goat Cheese Crostinis from Country Girl in the Village
- New Year’s Brezel from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Sweet and Savory Mixed Nuts from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Glazed Snickerdoodle Bars with Walnuts from Pies and Plots
- Champagne Shrimp and Pasta from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Main Dishes & Sides
- Minestrone Any Way from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pecan-Crusted Rainbow Trout from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Mushroom Risotto from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Zapiekanka (Polish ‘pizza’) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Hoppin’ John for Good Luck from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Italian Vegetable Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken stuffed with Mozzarella and Prosciutto from Family Foodie
- Black-Eye Pea and Greens Casserole and Wine Pairings from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Desserts & Drinks
- Candied Bacon Bourbon Bloody Mary from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut & Pretzel Bark from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Cherry Almond Blondies from Mess Makes Food
- Apricot Fizz from Magnolia Days
- Celebration Mimosas from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Dark Chocolate Cake Doughnuts from What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Cronuts from No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Spiced Cranberry Apple Crisp from Neighborfood
- Blood Orange Mimosas from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.