For a simple, refreshing and spring-like appetizer look no further than some kitchen staples for Baked Lemon and Goat Cheese Dip. This appetizer comes together quickly will be loved by all.
Oh Spring you fickle friend.
You tease us with mild temperatures, sun filled days and the feeling of hope leading up to your official launch. Then suddenly wham, bam, 3 inches of snow on the first day we can finally call spring.
Not only that, somehow, someway you decided to cause me to have spring allergies in the middle of all this.
I don’t get it, there is nothing in bloom. It’s all covered in snow, yet I’m sneezing, puffy and itchy. I’m baffled, my friends are baffled, even the poor pharmacist was baffled.
If it wasn’t for the delicious fruits and vegetables you are about to bring, I might consider breaking up for the season.
It’s a good thing I’m ready to breathe some fresh air into life, my cooking, heck even my apartment with open windows – so you are getting off with a warning just this one time.
Despite the wretched start to spring, I’m ready for lighter meals and more fruits and vegetables filling up my refrigerator. This is the time of year when I’m excited about getting back outside and to the farmers market to see what’s growing each week.
While it’s still too early for a lot of my favorites, we can get into the spring spirit with this quick and easy appetizer.
Goat cheese and lemons are two ingredients that I always equate with spring even though it’s something I eat year round. The bright flavors of the two go along with the themes of spring with new life in the ground and longer days.
Plus you can’t go wrong with a warm goat cheese appetizer.
This would be perfect for Easter or even during Passover spread over some matzos! Although, honestly I don’t think you need any reason to bake it up except to treat yourself to something delicious.
Check out more spring themed recipes below from #SundaySupper contributors!
- Easter Egg Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Home-made Limoncello by Manu’s Menu
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Martini by The Redhead Baker
- Asparagus and Roasted Garlic Hummus by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Lemon and Goat Cheese Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cauliflower Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Green Asparagus Soup with Seared Scallops by An Appealing Plan
- Panzanella Primavera by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon Berry and Almond Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing by Family Foodie
- Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Asparagus Gribiche by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Early Peas with Pearl Onions in Cream by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette by Food Done Light
- Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Spring Green Rice by Magnolia Days
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta by PancakeWarriors
- Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Early Spring Risotto by Cooking Chat
- Honey Lemon Shrimp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Lamb Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Chives by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Quiche Florentine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Lamb Chops, Fontina Cheese Polenta with Asparagus and Mushrooms by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Root Vegetable Risotto by Momma’s Meals
- Spring Lemon Pasta by MealDiva
- Spring Pea & Chèvre Souffle by FoodieTots
- Spring Vegetable Risotto by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salmon and Strawberry Spinach Salad with a Kentucky Maple Vinaigrette by Dandelion Greens
- Tilapia with Classic Pesto by Whole Food | Real Families
- Veal Stew with Spring Greens by The Texan New Yorker
- Berry Shortcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Coconut Macaroons by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Healthy Hummingbird Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Cream Pie with Girl Scouts Lemonade Cookie Crust by Our Good Life
- Lemon Meringue Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Low-Fat Strawberry Muffins by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Matcha Strawberry Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Palm Sunday Easter Bread by Love and Confections
- Pretzels, Peanut Butter, and Beer Cake Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Sticky Carrot Squares by What Smells So Good?
- Three Berry Coconut Crispies by Simply Healthy Family
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.