Can you think of anything more comforting than a big bowl of pasta and creamy cheese? I can’t either, so bundle up inside with the ultimate comfort food of Stove-Top Four Cheese Mac and Cheese for dinner this week.
The bitter, biting cold has returned with a vengeance and I for one am not a happy camper. Between the wind tunnels hiding between tall Manhattan buildings and slipping and sliding down sidewalks that are iced over, I’d really prefer to stay inside until it’s warm again.
It’s not something I can legitimately get away with though, is it?
I didn’t think it was, but on the bright side after surviving a day out in the cold I can at least come home to a piping hot, cheese covered meal that’s on the table before I have time to completely thaw out.
When I think gooey melty cheese for dinner there are so many possibilities and a lot of them come in the form of a casserole. Are you a fan, did you grow up eating them?
We really had three that we rotated with growing up but since lasagna, baked ziti and mac and cheese didn’t end with the word “casserole”, it never stuck out in my mind as being one. However, it’s cooked in a deep dish, it’s comforting, and it gives you leftovers for days. I’m pretty sure that’s the trifecta you need to make a successful one and #SundaySupper has a great selection of ideas today.
Why up the ante to four cheeses instead of one? Well mac and cheese isn’t complete without cheddar, gruyere adds to the melty factor and I love the funkiness brie gives off with the tangy taste of goat.
I’m no stranger to this cheese and carb love-fest and I confess that blue box made more than one appearance on my dinner table in college.
However as adults, you need to toss it away, because once you realize how easy this stove-top version is, no boxed type will ever enter your home again. I promise by the time the water is boiling and the pasta has finished cooking your cheese sauce will be ready to go. Toss a little salad together and dinner is on the table.
Captivating Breakfast Casseroles
- Boozy Baked French Toast from Brunch with Joy
- Orange & Date Wife Saver Breakfast Casserole from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Spinach, Sausage and Polenta Breakfast Casserole from The Redhead Baker
Appetizing Casserole Sides
- Baked Cauli-Tots Casserole from Cupcake and Kale Chips
- Savory Sweet Potato and Sausage Bread Pudding from Nik Snacks
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Casserole from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Main Event Casseroles
- Artichoke and Spinach Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Italian Sausage from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bison Meatloaf Casserole from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cheesy Chicken Corkscrew Casserole from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cheesy, Creamy, Cauliflower and Sausage Casserole from Eating In Instead
- Chicken Enchiladas from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles from The Ninja Baker
- Chicken with Whole Grains Casserole from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chinese Noodle Casserole from Momma’s Meals
- Crab Casserole for Two from Magnolia Days
- Homemade Poppy Seed Chicken from Food Done Light
- Fully Loaded Tater Tot Casserole from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- King Ranch Casserole from The Texan New Yorker
- King Ranch Mac and Cheese from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Ziti with Meatballs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Mexican Lasagna from MealDiva
- Mom’s Taco Casserole from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Moroccan Polenta Casserole from Pancake Warriors
- Moussaka from Nosh My Way
- Neeps & Tatties Casserole from Happy Baking Days
- Quick No Boil Tuna Pasta Bake from Mess Makes Food
- Sausage Peppers and Onion Pasta Casserole from Family Foodie
- Southwestern Spaghetti Pie from The Messy Baker
- Cheesy, Layered Italian Pasta Torta from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Stove-top Four Cheese Mac and Cheese from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Supreme Pizza Strata from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet Corn and Green Chile Chicken Tamale Pie from Simply Healthy Family
- Taco Casserole from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Decadent Dessert and Sweet Casseroles
- Baked Lemon Dessert from Food Lust People Love
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from Pies and Plots
- Butterscotch Bread Pudding from The Foodie Army Wife
- Classic Apple Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ultimate Deep Dish Brownies from Recipe for Perfection
- Vegan Oreo Rice Krispie Treats from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.