Do you remember when I first made marshmallows back in February? Light as air, tinted pepto bismal pink but better than any you could possibly buy in the store. I loved how they turned out but felt like more could be done to them to enhance the flavor and have them so soft they just melt in your mouth.
For starters that small amount of corn syrup that I used was coming out. It isn’t necessary, as long as you keep an eye on your sugar syrup.
Next up the flavor and color, if I’m making the effort to make my own marshmallows then the flavor better knock your socks off. Freeze dried strawberries give you the natural flavor (because they are) and color without messing around with food coloring.
Lastly and most importantly was to the try the other marshmallow method. Some recipes call for no whipped egg whites but I wanted to give it a go with them. Wow, let’s just say what a difference!
I can understand why people might be reluctant to try the egg white version mostly because the whites are not cooked but just look at these mallows? Irresistible right?
Well there is nothing to fear when you use Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. These all-natural eggs get a little warm water bath before being packaged and sent off to you. That bath allows the egg to become pasteurized without altering the nutrition or flavor. With your pasteurized egg in hand, you no longer risk the chance of salmonella and can be used in recipes such as this where the egg is never cooked.
It’s a winning situation if you ask me. Safe eggs, all natural color and flavor, plus made just from sugar.
The only logical step from here is to turn these bad boys into s’mores. What’s an evening in front a summer bonfire without some, right?
Want to get on the no-bake summer recipe fun with Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs? Well you can with this awesome recipe contest they are offering through the Food and Wine Conference. All you need to do is come up with an original no-bake summer recipe featuring Safest Choice Eggs and the grand prize winner will receive at $500 gift card, a ticket to the Food and Wine Conference, a years supply of Safest Choice Eggs, plus their recipe featured on Safest Choice Eggs website and social media channels.
No-Bake Savory Recipes:
- Asparagus Egg Salad by Family Foodie
- Buffalo Aioli by Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Caesar Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Deviled Egg Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Grilled Pizza with Egg, Arugula, and Balsamic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Huevos Rancheros by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Korean Rolled Omelette (Gaeran Mari) by kimchi MOM
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Casa de Crews
- Pizza for Breakfast! Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Shrimp Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No-Bake Sweet Recipes:
- Brownie Batter Truffles by Desserts Required
- Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse by Shockingly Delicious
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Neighborfood
- “Funky Monkey” PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon and Strawberry Parfaits by Magnolia Days
- No Bake Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Lemon Meringue Waffles by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pudding Cups by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Marshmallow S’mores by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.