We have a such a great theme today for #SundaySupper (I know, I know I say that EVERY week), but seriously this week you will be hard pressed to find a recipe that doesn’t meet your dietary needs. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, egg-free, and even meat-free recipes are represented! While I know recipes are always adaptable, sometimes it’s just nice to have it right there in front of you!
I have to admit, I am blessed with a system that has no food allergies – only my own weird food quirks. You know, stuff I never developed a taste for, or foods with weird textures. Tell me I’m not the only one who has that issue?
I decided on these chocolate pavlovas mostly because I knew it would be easy to keep dairy free AND no way to mess up the gluten thing. Pavlovas are so simple to put together and look absolutely elegant on the table. They are perfect for summer too, as I like to top mine with plenty of fresh berries. Did I mention they are technically fat-free as well? Yes, despite the added sugar, it’s a fat-free recipe! No guilt! A crunchy exterior with a soft marshmallow like interior, it’s hard to resist.
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 275 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of your stand mixer and let sit for 15-20 minutes until they come to room temperature.
- With the whisk attachment, start the mixer on a low speed and whisk for 2-3 minutes until the eggs begin to get frothy.
- Increase the speed slightly and continue to whisk for another 2 minutes. The eggs should be gaining volume and start to turn white. Add the vinegar at this point.
- Whisk for another minute or so and then increase the speed to high. With the motor running, add the cornstarch and salt and then slowly pour in the sugar. Finally beat in the cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
- Continue to beat until the egg whites are glossy and have reached a stiff peak. To check you have a stiff peak, lift up the whisk attachment from your mixer and if the peaks stay, you are good to go.
- Spoon your egg whites onto the prepared baking sheet into 6 circles, creating a well in the center of each.
- Bake for one hour or until the outside is no longer sticky and the edges just begin to brown.
- Prop your oven open and let the pavlovas cool completely inside before removing them.
- Serve with fresh berries on top.
- Store any additional pavlovas in an airtight container.
For more great recipes, check out the list below!
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut & Soy Free Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding bygirlichef
- Dairy & Nut and Sugar Free Blueberry Tangerine Muffins by Vintage Kitchen
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut, and Soy Free Homemade Mango Jam Recipe byMasala Herb
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles bySmall Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and “Cheese” by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yogurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni’s Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlovas by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe, Strawberry, & Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream byCookistry
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Nut & Fat Free Chocolate Angel Food Cake by Table for Seven
- Gluten & Dairy Free Honey Bear Smoothies by Neighborfood
- Sugar Free Strawberry Meyer Lemonade by The Weekend Gourmet
Be sure to join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat party starting at 7:00 pm EST today, June 9th, 2013. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to see you 🙂 to join all you need to do is follow[ the #SundaySupper hashtag and please do not forget to include the hashtag in your tweets as well. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.