I’m going to let you in on a little secret, when you are a food blogger people tend to set certain “expectations” when it comes to your cooking. Sometimes these people are your husband. . .or yourself. When everything is out there for the public to see, at home, even on simple cooking nights dinner should be nothing short of 100% It also doesn’t hurt when that certain someone also tells (in a good way mind you) that your food just tastes gourmet.
Not that any of this is a bad thing mind you, I want to eat well too, but sometimes I just don’t want to think that hard about dinner. I want something easy, something without a million components to finish the sauce, something to come together in 20 minutes that isn’t a salad with a protein.
Where does this all lead me to? I’m going to tell you! #SundaySupper teamed up with Land O Lakes® again to try out a new product of theirs – Sauté Express® Sauté Starter and I was one of the lucky ones chosen to get to try it out!
Sauté Express® comes in 4 flavors, Garlic & Herb, Italian Herb, Savory Butter & Olive Oil and Lemon Pepper. The product is a combination of butter and olive plus a variety of herbs and spices. I loved how Land O Lakes® packaged the item too, as each square is perfectly portioned for each meal that you need to make. Although I confess, I used two for this dish as I wanted a bit of sauce for my fish! Can I add the best part? Since this is butter AND olive oil, you don’t have to worry about anything burning in your pan!
Despite this title, I promise you this meal can be completed in under 30 minutes! It gives a nice twist to your regular weeknight fish dinner and especially perfect to serve for any last minutes guests.
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- ¼ cup butter flavored crackers, crushed
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 6oz flounder filets
- salt and pepper
- 2 squares Savory Butter & Olive Oil Sauté Express®
- juice of 1 lemon
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crabmeat, crushed crackers, shallot, parsley, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika and egg until well combined.
- On a plastic cutting board, lay the flounder filet side down and season with a small amount of kosher salt.
- On each filet, place an even amount of the crabmeat mixture - forming it together in your hand so it stays put - leaving a ½ border on the ends.
- Bring each end of the filet up and secure with a tooth pick, if any of the crabmeat falls out just stuff back in.
- In a non-stick, oven-safe skillet on medium heat, melt 1 square of the Savory Butter & Olive Oil Sauté Express® Saute Starter. Once it begins to bubble, carefully transfer to the flounder roulades to the skillet and place toothpick side down to cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to your pre-heated oven to finish cooking for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and place back over medium heat and melt the remaining square. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the fish and melted Sauté Express®.
- Plate the flounder roulades, mix the sauce together and pour over the top.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, potatoes or even some mashed potatoes.
Curious about trying Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for yourself? Well lucky for you, I have one coupon available to giveaway to you today!
Giveaway details: One (1) coupon for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter valued at $3.99 . It is open to U.S. Residents Only and will run from Sunday, January 27, 2013 to Friday, February 1, 2013 at 11:59 EST. I will announce one (1) random winner on Saturday, February 2nd. Please be sure to include a way for me to contact you via email when entering.
How to Enter:
- Required Entry: Leave a comment with how you plan on using Sauté Express® Sauté Starter.
Additional Entries (not required, but will give you more chances to win) please leave a comment after completing each task.
- Join #SundaySupper at our Twitter chat on Sunday January 27th at 7pm EST and send me a tweet that you were there!
- Like The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen on Facebook
- Follow The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen on Pinterest
Also don’t forget to visit the rest of the #SundaySupper contributors this week!
We have a special Pinterest Board to Showcase #WeekdaySupper with Sauté Express® Sauté Starter we will feature a new recipe every day for the next month.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here ? Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.