Things have been a little doom and gloom around here. Dontcha think?
Let’s cheer things up a little bit today and talk about presents. Yes presents. Who doesn’t like presents? I sure do. I’m not the only one who is in the present giving mood today. #SundaySupper is preparing gifts from the kitchen – 50 creative ideas to give to the food loving person in your life!
A few years ago I went the gifts from the kitchen route for my family, and while the thought was nice, the – uh execution didn’t exactly take off. Let’s just say one thing, I know a lot more about packaging and mailing food now than I did 4-5 years ago!
My present to you today is homemade granola. Granola is great because you can customize the flavors to the person you are giving it to! I personally love a little sweet, lots of nuts and tiny clusters of oats in mine! Poured on top of a bowl of Fage yogurt (always Fage in my house!) and this is the perfect breakfast. There is also enough sweetness in the granola that you might be able to skip that little drizzle of honey. Of course it is approaching the holidays, add the honey if you want to.
- 3½ cups quick-cooking or rolled oats
- ¾ cup cashews, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. and have a half-sheet sized baking sheet nearby.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, sunflower seeds, cranberries, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry making sure everything is fully coated.
- Pour the granola onto the baking sheet and with the back of a wooden spoon, spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring about halfway through, or until the granola is a nice golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and stir once more. Let cool before storing in an airtight container.
I hope you’ll enjoy going through the rest of the presents from this weeks #SundaySupper contributors!
Breads / Breakfast
- Pumpkin Biscoff Bread – Dinners, Dishes, and Dessert
- All-in-One Beer Bread Kit – girlichef
- Banana Coconut Coffee Cake with Macadamia Nut Streusel – The Lovely Pantry
- Pancake Mix With Apple Cider Syrup and Candied Walnuts – Tora’s Real Food
- Cranberry Hootycreeks – Baker Street
Condiments / Ingredients
- Apple Butter – Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Strawberry Jam – The Meltaways
- Herb Vinegars – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Harissa – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Homemade Vanilla Extract – Flour on my Face
- Homemade Cherry Extract – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Nutella Powder – I Run For Wine
- Apricot Pineapple Rum Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Spiced Cranberry Apricot Almond Chutney – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pumpkin Butter – Family Foodie
Soup and Snacks
- A Soup For You – Momma’s Meals
- Maple Nut Granola - Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sweet and Spicy Curried Nuts – Soni’s Food for Thought
- Roasted Spiced Nuts – Mrs Mama Hen
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans – Supper For a Steal
- Maple Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars – Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Orange Spiced Chickpeas – Home Cooking Memories
- Turtle Pretzels – The Messy Baker
- Rocky Road Candy – Magnolia Days
- Dairyfree Vegan Caramels – Galactosemia in PDX
- Peanut Butter Cookies in a Jar – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- M&M Cookies in a Jar – Damn Delicious
- Monster Cookie Mix in a Jar – What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Biscotti – Meal Planning Magic
- Snickerdoodle Snack Mix – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Butter and Jam Thumbprint Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Peppermint Stick Cookie Truffles - The Weekend Gourmet
- Nutella Truffles – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Peanut Cajetas (Peanut Fudge) – Basic and Delicious
- Cookie Cutter Fudge – Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Roll – Shockingly Delicious
- Homemade Chocolates – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick – Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate Toffee “Crack” – Ruffles and Truffles
- Holiday Tree Cake – Noshing with the Nolands
- Salted Caramel Cookies – Mama Mommy Mom
- Fruit and Nut Cookies – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Applepie Moonshine - My Catholic Kitchen
- Holiday Spiced Mocha - Daily Dish Recipes
- Homemade Peppermint Mocha Mix - In the Kitchen with KP
- Homemade Kahlua - That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper on November 11. In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
We’d also love to feature your own posts for Gifts From the Kitchen on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.