It’s a dinner for two Valentine’s Day special #SundaySupper this week! I am so thrilled to be hosting because I have been cooking for two people for almost 10 years now and sometimes I still have difficulty making just the right amount.
Sure there are the meals that you want to have leftovers because you know it will make an awesome lunch the next day or perhaps it’s just you for dinner one night later in the week and you won’t need to cook. However other nights, maybe that meal was just not meant to be reheated.
Gee talking about reheating leftovers. So romantic right? Let’s talk about more romantic things shall we?
Are you a cook at home or go out to eat on Valentine’s Day person? For the first few years of dating Braden and I would go out. I suppose we just figured that’s what you’re supposed to do. These days, not that we are old and cranky and can’t stand crowded loud restaurants we prefer a quiet night in. What’s on the menu gets to be decided by us instead of forced into a three course, over-priced meal.
Pasta usually isn’t on the menu, it’s a nice steak dinner but I couldn’t resist recreating this dish we had on New Years Day at a local family run Italian restaurant in Brooklyn. This was the baked ziti I’ve been waiting for my entire life. Topped with creamy fontina cheese instead of loaded down with heavy meats, sauce and ricotta.
So while it might not seem like your first inclination to make pasta for Valentine’s Day, I say go for it. Enjoy this lighter take on baked ziti with a glass of red wine and pretend Italy is outside your. Seriously what can get more romantic than that? Perhaps toss a little Dean Martin on in the background and don’t forget to save room for dessert. Because seriously wait until you see the list of desserts on our recipes built for two from all the #SundaySupper contributors!
Now let’s see more Valentine’s Day recipes for two ideas from our #SundaySupper contributors!
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.