Get in a spooky and scary mood this Halloween by setting out Poison Apple Pomegranate Sangria for your festive celebrations. This blood red potion will put everyone in a Halloween spirit.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
The mood is set, the pumpkins are carved, the spiderwebs are out, the smoke is rising and the ghouls are howling. The guests are about to arrive but wait… the witches cauldron is empty! The potion has yet to be made, lucky for you all it takes are a handful of ingredients to set out a blood red colored sangria that everyone will love.
A little merlot here, a dash of brandy there, finish with pomegranate juice, apples and fresh pomegranate arils and you are good to go.
We are throwing a #SundaySupper frightfully fun Halloween party today with our friends from Gallo Family Vineyards. What can be more fun than a party full of recipes ready for wine pairings or made with wine that’s just for the adults. We get to have our Halloween fun time too.
With apples and pomegranates at their peak right now, they make a perfect fall sangria – especially with a nice dry medium-bodied merlot. Unlike most sweet sangrias there is no additional sugar added, any sweetness you get from it is directly from the fruit itself. This is the sangria for the dry wine fans out there with a deep red color that’s perfect for the season.
To help you prepare for your party, Gallo has a $1 off digital coupon plus a handy dandy store locator to find the wine. Also be sure to check them out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and their website.
Make sure to check out the rest of the #SundaySupper frightfully entertaining recipes below!
- Beef Stew with Ghost Dumplings by Momma’s Meals
- Blackened Chicken Legs with Red Beets and Potatoes by Jelly Toast
- Brain Cupcakes with Red Moscato Wine Shooters by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Dracula Wine Jelly by Basic N Delicious
- Gallo Family Red Moscato Cocktail by Flour On My Face
- Ghoulishly Good Red Moscato Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Halloween Buffalo Ranch Pork Bites by Family Foodie
- Meringue Bones with Raspberry Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mummy Calzone by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Poison Apple Pomegranate Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Pumpkin Chili by The Foodie Army Wife
- Red Moscato Candied Apples by The Messy Baker
- Red Moscato Spider Sangria by Run DMT
- Red Velvet Cake Eye Balls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Red Wine Caramel and Chocolate Apples by Ruffles & Truffles
- Roasted Garlic Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Smoked Trout Pate Spider Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Witches Blood Risotto by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Zombie Bite Wine Slushies by Feed Me, Seymour
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.