I’m back for another round of tasty drinks and rum spiked recipes with my friends from Captain Morgan and their Captain’s Table challenge. The theme for December was simply dubbed ‘holiday’ and depending on what you celebrate can be interpreted in a number of ways. I see it as a time to gather with family and friends, eat, drink and be merry. At the end of the year when we are tired, cold, cranky and ready for a break there really isn’t anything better than this.
There are a million articles out there to make the holiday party you are hosting easy and as stress free as possible. Honestly I can’t tell if you they work because I haven’t tried them. What I can tell you is this recipe will work to make the cocktail portion of your evening stress free.
I generally host at least one gathering in the month of December, if it isn’t my family Chanukah party then it’s a small gathering with my friends. As much as I plan ahead inevitability I’ll still spend the first hour in the kitchen finishing up.
Little nibbles will already be placed out and so will drinks but the last thing I want to worry about is playing bartender, which is why punches are the perfect cocktails to make. One big batch can be made that morning or even the day before and you’re guests are good to go help themselves.
I absolutely love how festive this punch turned out. The ice ring just pops in the center of the punch bowl, and the beautiful dark red color screams holiday cheer.
- 1 large pomegranate, seeds removed
- 40oz pomegranate juice
- 4oz lime juice
- 2½ cups Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- 2 limes sliced in ¼ inch thick rounds
- In a bundt or tube pan place the pomegranate seeds in the bottom and fill ⅓ of the way full with water.
- Place the pan in your freezer to freeze solid, this should be done in the morning of your party or one day in advance.
- In a 3 gallon punch bowl mix together the pomegranate juice, lime juice and rum.
- Add your lime slices.
- Right before serving, remove the ice ring from the freezer and run hot water on the bottom of the pan until it pops out.
- Place the ice ring in the center of the punch bowl.
Let’s not forget that every time the #CaptainsTable hashtag is used over social media $1 will be donated to WhyHunger. So please share the love and submit some of your favorite Captain Morgan recipes too using the hashtag. Feel free to check out ideas on their Facebook and Pinterest pages.
Disclaimer: I was provide with 3 bottles of Captain Morgan Rum, plus a small stipend to cover the cost of ingredients.