Please note this giveaway is now closed.
There are so many fabulous goodies to share with you today, I don’t even know where to begin! I have an amazing new granola recipe that is so good you don’t need the milk or yogurt and a really cool giveaway for you!
For starters, an important question – who likes getting mail? I’m talking real mail not all the junk mail that clogs our mailboxes on a regular basis. Isn’t it exciting to open your mailbox at the end of the day and find a fun letter or card or even package that you weren’t expecting? Surprises are awesome and so when Bestowed asked if I’d like to receive one of their boxes I immediately said yes.
Bestowed is a membership subscription that mails out a box full of awesome treats once a month. They curate the items from a long list of nutritious brands that they – Bestowed love. I love the fact that they themselves are sourcing the items sent to you. It reminds me of the care packages we all received in college from our moms, except it’s no longer full of junk food!
My box arrived full of yummy treats, Hot Chilli Mama Olives, Happy Squeeze Fruit & Veggie Twist, Nature’s Bakery Fig Bar, Hemp Hearts and more! Some snacks I’ve had and others I’ve seen but never tried.
I love to snack and nosh as much as the next person, and if something bad is put in front of me I’m going to eat it, so what I love about Bestowed is that I now have those snacks I want and they are good for me.
So what does this have to do with my granola? I’ve been really into Kind granola lately (which if you see on Bestowed’s website Kind is a brand they’ve placed in their boxes!) and most of it is full of quinoa and seedy good stuff. It had been awhile since I made my granola at home, so as soon as I saw those hemp seeds in my box I knew they were going to be turned into my own nutritious granola.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ cup hulled hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raw peanuts
- ¼ cup blanched slivered almonds
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup maple agave syrup
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees F. and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, quinoa, hemp seeds, cashews, walnuts, peanuts, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together the maple agave syrup and the oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir well, making sure everything is evenly coated.
- Pour the granola onto the prepared baking sheet and smooth out into an even layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the nuts are roasted and the granola is a golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and break the granola up with a wooden spoon and let cool before storing in airtight containers.
Bestowed is being generous and giving away one free box to one lucky reader, also for everyone else I have a $5 off if you would like to sign up. Just use the code 5OFFBSTOWED01
Giveaway details: One (1) box from Bestowed. It is open to U.S. Residents Only and will run from Tuesday, April 23, 2013 to Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:59 EST. I will announce one (1) random winner on Tuesday, April 30th. Please be sure to include a way for me to contact you via email when entering.
How to Enter:
- Required Entry: Leave a comment with your favorite item to receive in the mail.
Additional Entries (not required, but will give you more chances to win) please leave a comment after completing each task.
- Like The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen on Facebook
- Follow The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen on Pinterest
- Like Bestowed on Facebook (please no comments about the giveaway on their page)
- Like Bestowed on Twitter
Good luck to everyone who enters!FTC Disclosure: Bestowed sent me a samples to review, all opinions in this post are of my own. No monetary value was exchanged.