The theme for #SundaySupper this week is so much fun, the only way for you not to enjoy it is if you are lactose intolerant or you don’t like cake!
Many moons ago at one of the #SundaySupper twitter chats we got on the subject of cheesecake, and ran with it, totally got off topic of whatever we were discussion. The enthusiasm was so big that Isabel finally decided it was time for a cheesecake them!
Now, cheesecake isn’t everyone’s cup of tea and they aren’t that easy to make. Geniuses that we are we split the word and decided on a Cheese, Cake and Cheesecake theme! Fun, right?
One of my favorite things to do is make a creamy pasta by tossing it with a soft cheese and some leftover pasta water. Comfort food at its best, a quick simple meal and almost always meat free. This one was even better since it was tossed with freshly made ricotta cheese.
|Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli #SundaySupper||
- 12oz fresh pasta (such as fettuccine)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- ¾ cup homemade ricotta cheese
- juice and zest from 1 meyer lemon
- reserved pasta water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F. lay your broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the oven is pre-heated, roast the broccoli for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- While the broccoli is cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the packages directions, drain, reserving ¼ cup water.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, meyer lemon zest and juice.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large serving bowl and toss with ¾ of the ricotta mixture, if it seems a little thick, thin out with some of the reserved pasta water.
- Mix in the roasted broccoli and toss again with the remaining ricotta, making sure the broccoli and pasta are completely covered with sauce.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by The Meltaways
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by The Ninja Baker
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- KitKat Chocolate Cake by The Urban Mrs.
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by Mama Mommy Mom
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by The Foodie Army Wife
- Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesecake au Baileys by Baker Street
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. This week we will be sharing our love of Cheese, Cakes AND Cheesecakes! Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST!
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.