Let me tell you, I am really glad I don’t make food resolutions – otherwise there would be no Whiskey Bacon Onion Jam in your life today. First week into the new year and not only am I bringing you a dish with a little booze but also bacon. It’s how I roll, deal with it. 🙂
In all seriousness though, you need this jam in your life. Is it a little decadent cooking down onions in bacon fat rendered from one pound of bacon? Sure. However one taste of this sweet and savory jam and you’ll forget all about that bacon fat.
Plus let’s be honest. It’s cold out there. How many of you are living in a area with temperatures in the single digits or below freezing right now? You need something with some heft, to keep you warm and oh did I mention it can be done in your slow cooker?
#SundaySupper is slowly bringing the new year today. We have quite the lineup of recipes using slow cookers, or err in my case my dutch oven because my slow cooker is still in a box in my apartment and I didn’t want to search for it. It’s okay though, I’m going to tell you how to make this the stovetop way and the slow cooker way. Whatever method you choose, it’s still mostly hands off and oh the smell. There is something completely intoxicating about bacon and caramelized onions. Just me? Fine, I’ll eat all the bacon and onion jam.
Let’s take a look at the rest of the recipe lineup today!
Whet Your Appetite
Simmering Soups, Stews, and Side Dishes
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Low-Carb Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Beef, Wine and Mushroom Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Foxes Love Lemons
- Beef Stew from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pot Roast and Portabello Stew from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Slow Cooker Black Bean and Polenta Stew from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Turkey Stew from Magnolia Days
- San Antonio Chunky Chicken Stew from The Weekend Gourmet
- Pumpkin, Chickpea & Lentil Stew from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Slow Cooker Chickpeas from Shockingly Delicious
- Football Sunday Teriyaki Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Apricot Jalapeno Pork Chops from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Vegan Slow Cooker Hoppin’ John from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow Cooker Coffee Glazed Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Honey BBQ Ribs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Jerk Pork from Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Beef Daube Provencal from Momma’s Meals
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore from The Dinner-Mom
- Chicken and Broccoli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tacos de Lengua from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Beans for Tacos from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chinese Chicken from The Ninja Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French Dip Sandwiches from Neighborfood
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Click here: Sunday Supper Movement