Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me. . . . oh wait is my birthday not a holiday? Sorry I just assume it is since it falls right smack in the middle of December when everyone is in holiday mode.
Anyway. . . so yes today is my birthday and I’ve made a cake but not only is this cake a fabulous one for birthdays it’s also perfect for your holiday celebration because it includes one very special ingredient – wine. Say it with me, all cakes should be made with wine.
#SundaySupper and Gallo Family Vineyards are celebrating memorable holiday meals today and honestly, I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with a delicious dish and a hearty glass of Gallo Cabernet sitting in front of me.
It’s easy to cook a savory meal with wine but I wanted to show how it can shine in dessert. Red velvet cake is delicious all year round, but it’s especially festive now with its bright red color. Substituting all that red food coloring for red wine not only makes this cake more flavorful but also a show stopper at your dessert table. This is a cake for adults though since not all the wine gets baked out.
A couple of tips when cooking and baking with wine, you want to choose one that you’d be happy drinking alongside your dish. There is no need to purchase that $50 bottle but something palatable is essential to making your dish shine.
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards please visit them at their website and check out their fun custom family crest maker! You can also visit them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
Are you ready to make memorable holiday meals? Take a look at these recipes by Sunday Supper contributors featuring Gallo Family Vineyards wine:
- Clementine, Whiskey & Wine Cocktail by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mandarin Spice Mulled Wine by girlichef
- Cabernet-Shallot Mushroom Cheeseburgers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Cranberry Bacon Stuffing by Momma’s Meals
- Fettuccine with Italian Sausage and Mascarpone by The Foodie Army Wife
- Family Fondue by kimchi MOM
- Lemon White Wine Green Beans & Mushrooms by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Linguine with Spicy Red Clam Sauce by Supper for a Steal
- Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Moscato Gravy by Webicurean
- Moscato Orange Chicken with Olives by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Moscato Stone Crab Scampi by Family Foodie
- Mushroom Risotto by The Messy Baker
- Portabellas Stuffed with Cabernet Onions and Gorgonzola by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Red Wine Risotto by Shockingly Delicious
- Short Ribs With Pasta by Magnolia Days
- Pomegranate White Wine Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fudgy Red Wine Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake by Alida’s Kitchen
- Red Wine Velvet Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Click here ? Sunday Supper Movement
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.