So I lied the other day, today is my favorite day. These are just impossible to resist. Myself and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
Attention Girl Scouts of America, you’ve been replaced. . . .by ME! That’s right ladies and gentlemen, you no longer have seek out a Girl Scout or buy boxes and boxes of Thin Mints to hoard throughout the year because I have made a near perfect replica of them.
Why am I calling these near perfect and not a perfect replica you ask? Well that’s because my version is a little thicker than those GS mass-produced cookies. This is not necessary a bad thing, I mean I for one am not going to complain about getting more minty cookie and chocolate coating. Actually, Braden keep saying I needed to change the name from *Thin* Mints to Fat Mints. I guess in this case it’ll keep me out of trademark trouble, right? 🙂
Texture wise, these fat mints 😉 are spot on – they’ve got that shortbready texture of the official version and a nice thick chocolate coating. To make sure there was plenty of mint flavor floating around, I added extract to both the cookie dough and the chocolate. I also recommend keeping them in the freezer, but that’s just my personal preference on how I like to eat my
Thin, sorry I mean Fat Mints.
- Bethmännchen cookies by Masala Herb
- Chewy Brigadeiro Pecan Bars by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Cookie Thumbprints with Sweet Pepper Jelly by Omeletta
- Chocolate-Stuffed Gingerbread Cookies by i heart eating
- Earl Grey Icebox Cookies by Crumb
- Giant Ginger Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Homemade Thin Mints by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Miso Sesame Cookies by NinjaBaking.com
- Peppermint Cream Thumbprint Cookies by Beyond Frosting
- Salted Caramel Stuffed Toffee Chip Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Sandwich Cookies by Texana’s Kitchen
- Simple Snowmen Cookies by It’s Yummi!