I kind of love being able to start posts with the above disclaimer, it means there is some fun to be had today! Not to say we don’t always have a good time here at the Little Red Kitchen, but baking with a little booze just adds a little sumpin’ sumpin’ if ya know what I’m saying. 🙂
I’m so happy to be back with my #holidayfoodparty crew today to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with all of you. We all had such a blast during St. Patrick’s Day, that we needed to party together once more. Fifteen fabulous recipes are gathered here today, everything from drinks to appetizers, main courses and desserts.
I made these lime margarita bars last year as a little experiment, but never had the chance to share them with you. Let me tell you, I am so grateful I didn’t, imagine a lemon bar made with limes and a serving of tequila thrown in for good measure. First bite of these bars and you can already imagine drinking a cool, refreshing margarita while sitting on the beach in Cabo.
The key to these bars though is the lime zest, it really brings out the true flavor of the fruit. All the zest ends up floating the top after you bake the bars, so the inside still remains luscious and creamy.
The best part? Customizable. Do you like bars with a thick crust and custard filling? Then go ahead and follow the directions I have below. More a fan of thinner bars? Not a problem, just place everything in a 9X13 pan and continue as follows.
First though, the important part, check out what everyone else has created today and stop over to say hello!
1. Alfajores from Roxana’s Home Baking
2. Spicy Fish Tacos with Avocado Yogurt Sauce from Crumb Blog
3. Classic Flan from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
4. Dulce de Leche Milkshake with Coconut Milk Whipped Cream from Chocolate Moosey
5. Lime Margarita Bars from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
7. Tropical Fiesta Cocktail from Hungry Couple NYC
8. Paletas – Mexican Popsicles from Pineapple and Coconut
9. Bizcochitos Cookies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
10. Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes from Gotta Get Baked
11. Vegan Taco Salad from What Smells So Good
12. Gluten Free Tres Leches Cake from Kelly Bakes
13. Queso Blanco from The Messy Baker
14. Gorditas with Picadillo from Juanita’s Cocina
15. Strawberry Margerita Slurpee from Chocolate Chocolate and More