Editors note: Thank you to everyone who is coming by for my cupcake recipe this year. Just a quick note, you’ll see that I’ve changed the title. I’ve always been conflicted about naming it after the drink or just spelling out what the cupcake is. I’m proud of my work and I think you’ll love this cupcake but I feel better about not offending anyone with the name.
Today I have your one stop, one shop St. Patrick’s Day party needs covered. Not only am I providing you with a cupcake filled with three types of liquor but I have 13 other amazing recipes to share too!
First, the most important point, these cupcakes are 21 and over ONLY.
Second, raise your hand if you’ve dared to actually drink an Irish Car Bomb. Yes? Well you are a brave soul. Oh, me? You want to know? Well, umm. . . I can’t remember, I think I might have in college, or perhaps I remember being with someone when they ordered it, but truthfully it’s been tucked so far in the archives it isn’t coming back up!
I love baking with beer, especially stouts, as I feel they really compliment chocolate, but I wanted to do something fun and a little different this time around. Technically though, I shouldn’t even call these an Irish Car Bomb because things are out of order.
The drink is done as follows: your trusty bartender fills up a pint with Guinness, and then pours a shot of Jameson and a shot of Bailey’s. Then you pour the Jameson into your Guinness and quickly drop the Bailey’s in before it curdles. Drink quickly.
Don’t be upset: I can’t stand Bailey’s. An unfortunate incident has caused me to never tolerate it again. The idea of a Bailey’s buttercream was not sounding good. So I switched it around. Bailey’s ganche, and Jameson buttercream. Hide the Bailey’s yo.
Extra special thanks needs to go out to Jen at Jen’s Favorite Cookies today. She is the mastermind behind this amazing collage and arranged all you see below. Go and say hi and check out everyone else’s recipes too which are listed at the bottom.
1. Key Lime Pound Cake by Joan at Chocolate Chocolate & More
2. Mini Banoffee Pie Tarts by Kelly at Kelly Bakes
3. Chocolate Bailey’s Mousse Tart from Nancy at Gotta Get Baked
4. Irish Carbomb Cupcakes from Susan at Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
5. Pistachio Caramel Cookies from Jen at Jen’s Favorite Cookies
6. Guinness Stout Mini Bundt Cake from Shanna at Pineapple and Coconut
7. Irish Cheese and Bacon Cheesecake with Walnut Crust by Carla at Chocolate Moosey
8. Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheese Trifle from Anita at Hungry Couple NYC
9. Key Lime Pie Ice Cream from Renee at Magnolia Days
10. Pistachio Mousse Cups from Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
11. Irish Eggs Benedict from Isabelle Crumb Blog
12. St. Patrick’s Day Cookie Stack from Angie at Big Bears Wife
13. Guinness Chocolate Cake from Jen at Juanita’s Cocina
14. Irish Potato Oatmeal Bread from Sarah at What Smells So Good