|Chicken Piccata #weekdaysupper #SauteExpress |
Author: Susan Palmer
- 1lb thin cut chicken cutlets
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz (2 squares) Savory Butter & Olive Oil Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon capers
- In a shallow dish, season the flour with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Dry the chicken cutlets with papers towels and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge the cutlets in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt 1 square of the Savory Butter & Olive Oil Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. Cook the chicken, until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side and transfer to a plate tented with foil to keep warm.
- Continue with remaining chicken cutlets, and adding the extra square of Sauté Express® to the pan as you cook.
- Once all the chicken is cooked through, immediately pour the chicken broth into the skillet and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add the lemon juice and capers and bring to a boil.
- Place the chicken back into the pan and heat through, about a minute more.
- Serve with the sauce drizzled on top.
Recipe by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen at http://girlinthelittleredkitchen.com/2013/02/chicken-piccata-weekdaysupper-sauteexpress/