|Crabmeat Stuffed Flounder Roulades #SundaySupper #SauteExpress |
Author: Susan Palmer
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- ¼ cup butter flavored crackers, crushed
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 6oz flounder filets
- salt and pepper
- 2 squares Savory Butter & Olive Oil Sauté Express®
- juice of 1 lemon
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crabmeat, crushed crackers, shallot, parsley, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika and egg until well combined.
- On a plastic cutting board, lay the flounder filet side down and season with a small amount of kosher salt.
- On each filet, place an even amount of the crabmeat mixture - forming it together in your hand so it stays put - leaving a ½ border on the ends.
- Bring each end of the filet up and secure with a tooth pick, if any of the crabmeat falls out just stuff back in.
- In a non-stick, oven-safe skillet on medium heat, melt 1 square of the Savory Butter & Olive Oil Sauté Express® Saute Starter. Once it begins to bubble, carefully transfer to the flounder roulades to the skillet and place toothpick side down to cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to your pre-heated oven to finish cooking for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and place back over medium heat and melt the remaining square. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the fish and melted Sauté Express®.
- Plate the flounder roulades, mix the sauce together and pour over the top.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, potatoes or even some mashed potatoes.
Recipe by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen at http://girlinthelittleredkitchen.com/2013/01/crabmeat-stuffed-flounder-roulades/