|Pecan Butterscotch Blondies with Sea Salt |
Author: Susan Palmer
I browned my butter for a lovely buttery, nutty aroma. You can do the same or just mix in simple melted butter.
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1¾ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saute pan on low heat, melt the butter until it begins to foam, swirling the pan occasionally. Continue to cook until little brown specks appear on the bottom, the butter will produce a nutty aroma and remove from the heat once it is golden brown to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the browned butter, brown sugar, eggs (one at a time) and vanilla extract with a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the wet ingredients in 2 parts, careful not to over mix.
- Add the butterscotch chips and pecans and mix well. Pour the batter out onto the prepared baking pan and evenly spread out with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the top with the sea salt and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and begin to pull away.
- Let cool completely before removing and slicing.
Recipe by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen at http://girlinthelittleredkitchen.com/2013/01/pecan-butterscotch-blondies-with-sea-salt/