|Parsnip and Carrot Latkes #latkeweek |
Author: Susan Palmer
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- canola or vegetable oil
- labneh cheese or sour cream to serve
- Using a hand grater or the grating blade on your food processor, grate your parsnips and carrots.
- Place the grated parsnips and carrots in a large mixing bowl and combine with the eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Pour the canola oil into a large frying pan, about 1/2 inch and heat over medium to medium high heat.
- When the canola oil begins to shimmer, tightly pack 1/4 cup size pancakes of the mixture in your hand and place in the frying pan. Cook 4-5 minutes per side, or until crisp and browned and they flip easily. Continue cooking another 3-4 minutes and remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Continue cooking the remaining mixture and keep the cooked latkes warm in a 300 degree oven. Salt the latkes immediately after they are finished cooking.
- Serve with labneh cheese or sour cream.
Recipe by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen at http://girlinthelittleredkitchen.com/2012/12/parsnip-and-carrot-latkes-latkeweek/