|Chocolate Dipped Potato Chip Shortbread Cookies #SundaySupper |
Author: Susan Palmer
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate, melted
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Using your stand mixer in a medium bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and airy about 3-4 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and then the flour 1 cup at a time, carefully to not over mix.
- Finally mix in the salt and crushed potato chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into about a 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoon ball (or use a small cookie scoop) and bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
- Let the cookies cool completely and dip half into the melted chocolate.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator or freezer to set up the chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days. If your home is very warm, you may want to consider leaving the cookies in the refrigerator so the chocolate does not melt.
Recipe by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen at http://girlinthelittleredkitchen.com/2012/12/chocolate-dipped-potato-chip-shortbread-cookies-sundaysupper/