|#Nutlove White Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Almond Biscotti |
Author: Susan Palmer (adapted slightly from joyofbaking.com)
If you like a crunchier biscotti slice these a little thiner and cook each for 15 minutes per side.
- ¾ cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries
- 3 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- ¾ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F and place your almonds on a small baking sheet. Toast the almonds for 7-9 minutes, or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Remove to cool and set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Toss the flour mixture with the fresh cranberries and toasted almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and almond extract. Form a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet into the center. With a spatula, combine well, making sure to incorporate all the dry ingredients.
- Pour onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for a minute or two, it will be a little shaggy and sticky at this point, but the extra flour on your surface will help bring everything together.
- Divide your dough into two and shape into 2 7 inch long logs by 3-4 inches wide. Transfer to a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice the logs into 1 inch pieces on the diagonal and lay flat back on the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on how crisp you like your biscotti). Remove, flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the finished biscotti to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave safe dish, microwave the white chocolate chips in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Dip the ends of the biscotti into the melted white chocolate and return to the cooling rack to set.
- Biscotti will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen at http://girlinthelittleredkitchen.com/2012/12/nutlove-white-chocolate-dipped-cranberry-almond-biscotti/