Author: Susan Palmer
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- juice from 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with muffin/cupcake liners or spray with baking spray if not using liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Remove 1 tablespoon of the dry ingredients and toss it together with the fresh cranberries – set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, melted butter, egg and orange juice.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix in the wet, stirring to combine but careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the cranberries, making sure to evenly distribute through the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a small ladle, evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the tin and let cool on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen at http://girlinthelittleredkitchen.com/2012/11/orange-cranberry-muffins/