The holidays aren’t nearly complete without a household full of cookies. When you’ve got a huge number to bake for, speed things up with pretty, minty and chocolate covered Peppermint Spritz Cookies.
Welcome to Day Three of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
Thanks to our sponsors for Christmas Week. Anolon is donating a 5-piece Bakeware Set. Swing by their Facebook Page to show them some love. We also have Ball supplying us with 4 sets of Jars in their gorgeous Green Heritage Color. Swing by their Ball Canning and Recipes Facebook Page to say hello.
In my humble opinion, holiday baking isn’t truly complete without a massive amount of cookies. One of my favorite things growing up was getting in the kitchen with my mom and baking our Chanukah cookies for the season. We’d always get started early and pack them away in our second freezer in the garage (in which, I’d promptly sneak frozen cookies for weeks – the obsession started young folks).
Cookies were the same every year, batches of chocolate chip, my mom’s amazing rugelach and cut out sugar cookies decorated with some Chanukah flair.
There’d be other desserts floating around, but those cookies would never last once they were put on the table at our annual Chanukah party.
Mom just had the special touch, especial her sugar cookies, she rolled them pretty much perfect every time.
Now take me as an adult for example? I’ve got those chocolate chip cookies down stat but butter or sugar cookies? That’s an entirely different story.
It falls into the realm of pie dough, if I have to roll it, I don’t like it.
Maybe I didn’t pay enough attention as kid, I was too busy eating the cookie dough or warm cookies that already came out of the oven.
What I do know, is that I finally found an answer to get my buttery, sugary cookie fix without rolling and cutting those darn things out. Spritz cookies friends, and I bet you have one of those cookie presses hidden away in the back of your kitchen cabinets too. The genius of spritz cookies is that you can bang out tons of cookies in a short amount of time too. It’s perfect if you are baking for a huge party or giving them away as a gift.
The base recipe is the same and the flavor spectrum has endless possibilities. A little bit of melted chocolate between two of them make the perfect sandwich cookie or even half of it dipped in chocolate for a special touch. Whatever you do, don’t forget the sprinkles!
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peppermint Spritz Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Scandinavian Fruit Soup by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Egg Nog Pound Cake by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coquito Cheesecake Flan by Mind Over Batter
- Mulled Wine Fruit Gums by Food Lust People Love
- Soft Caramels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Eggnog Icing by From Gate to Plate
Don’t forget about our Christmas Week giveaway! We have some great prizes and it’s open to enter until December 26th. Just follow the rafflecopter instructions below to enter. U.S. Residents only, age 18+.
Take a look at what you can win!
Giveaway Prizes include:
- One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
- Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbooks:
- One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
- One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
- One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
- One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
- One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
- One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
- One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
- One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
- One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
- One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
- One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley