Forget about the fuss and muss of apple pie. There’s a new apple dessert in town and it’s call Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake!
You’d think after a week of cookie recipes I might be just a tad tired of the sweet stuff.
I’d say you are right but before I take a wee break from it all (and seriously, by wee I mean a tiny dot in the universe) I just had to bake up a cake for a celebration today.
Oh, I know it’s Monday, who wants to celebrate today but when one of your blogging buddies is about to get married you forget about the Monday blues! A bunch of us have gotten together for a fun virtual bridal shower for Joanne of Eats Well With Others!
If you don’t know Joanne, you should. She has the perfect mix of seasonal vegetarian dishes that would make any meat eater want to become a vegetarian and seriously irresistible desserts. It’s the perfect balance, have a day full of vegetables and end with a sweet note.
Today’s menu consists of everything that I think Joanne would absolutely love if we could all be together to cook up one delicious shower for her. Instead she’ll just have to find the time in between wedding planning, running a blog, and getting her PHD? Did I mention she’s pretty awesome.
I’d dish some wedding advice from one married lady to another soon to be married one but I have a feeling it’s all been said. So instead, don’t sweat the big or small stuff. Go, have fun and eat. Seriously, eat. Don’t let them take your food away.
How about some cake now? No shower or any autumn party would be complete without some cake.
The best part about this one is it feels like you are enjoying a heavenly slice of apple pie without the fuss and muss of constructing one. No dealing with pastry crust, no waiting time and there’s cake underneath salted caramel apples. Can it get any better than this?
Apple pie sorry but you might just get replaced at Thanksgiving this year.
Let’s take a look at everything that’s on Joanne’s virtual shower menu today!
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian – Nutmeg Nanny
- Warm Apple Pie Cocktail – Miss In The Kitchen
- Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail– Cook Like A Champion
- Baked Brie with Honey and Sliced Almonds – The Lemon Bowl
- Butternut Squash and Apple Galette – Warm Vanilla Sugar
- Roasted Pumpkin Crostini – Annie’s Eats
- Kale Salad with Maple Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Dressing – Blahnik Baker
- Lemony-Pasta Stuffed Zucchini – Very Culinary
- Pumpkin Dip with Apple Chips– Meadows Cooks
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake – The Baker Chick
- Peanut Butter Fudge Pie with Salted Peanut Butter Caramel– Taste and Tell
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake – Chocolate and Carrots
- Roasted Butternut Squash Pie with Brown Sugar Marshmallow Topping – Keep It Sweet
- Caramel Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies – The Cooking Actress
- Caramel Cranberry Apple Galette – Bakeaholic Mama
- Coconut Pecan Tarts – Bake or Break
- Cranberry Margarita Cupcakes – Baker by Nature
- Gingerbread Truffles – Dinners Dishes and Desserts