Let’s give caramel corn a break – update this sticky snack with hard to resist Peanut Butter White Chocolate Popcorn!
Do you ever have those moments when no matter how hard or how often you try, you just can’t get something right? That’s kind of how I am with cutesy or typical fun food, no matter how hard I try, I can’t make things happen.
Two Holiday Halloween Food Parties in a row, two attempts at popcorn balls, two failures. I’m pretty sure it has to do with my desire to use the least amount of highly processed ingredients as I can but still is it really that difficult to get popcorn balls to stay together?
I don’t think it is.
All I was trying to do was take that random popcorn ball found in my trick-or-treat basket from when I was a kid and give it a more modern and tastier take on it. Because let’s be perfectly honest, the one random house that always handed them managed to give you the stalest popcorn snack possible.
Thanks to a fun delivery from my friends at Peanut Butter & Co last month, picking peanut butter as the flavor for this popcorn was an easy choice. I love dipping pretzels into the White Chocolate Wonderful and figured it’d make a great addition to popcorn with a little extra white chocolate drizzled on top.
After the popcorn balls refused to ball, I then laid everything out hoping to turn it into popcorn brittle. Can you guess what happened next? Nothing, the popcorn stayed sticky and loose. Okay, things are still tasting good and I wasn’t about to waste my precious peanut butter (this is what happens when you can’t eat it for a month). So a decision was made to make your life easier by just tossing this peanut buttery, white chocolate glazed popcorn in a bowl and call it a day!
It’s the perfect snack for any Halloween party, plus it can get bagged up easily as treats to take home.
Now let’s take a look at the rest of the Halloween recipes my Holiday Food Party blogger friends have created for you today!
- Mini Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes from Chocolate Moosey
- Liquid Ghost Halloween Cocktail from Pineapple and Coconut
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Popcorn from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Nutty Peanut Buttery Caramel Apples from Hungry Couple
- Creepy Crawly Coffee Cake from gotta get baked
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Baked Chocolate Donuts with Pumpkin Bourbon Glaze from Crumb
- Count Chocula Peanut Butter Marshmallow Treats from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Devil’s Wing Sauce from Magnolia Days
- Spider Web Cookie Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Disclaimer: I was provided with free samples of peanut butter from Peanut Butter &Co., all opinions stated are my own and thank you for allowing me to support the brands that I love.