Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Dip is perfect for tailgating at home with your favorite sports team or weekend entertaining this fall. Pair this dip with my favorite chip of homemade Za’atar Chips!
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Well it’s September, so that means only one thing. Nope not the changing of the beautiful weather or pumpkin spicing of all the things.
Football is back.
I mean, I guess it’s great if you’re a big fan. For me though? I’d rather just eat the food and ignore what’s going on in the background. Now I know I can’t be the only one out there with a complete disinterest in this sport. I blame it all on the forced games I had to attend back in high school thanks to marching band. It’s hard to truly appreciate a game when you are forced into the ugly uniform that is a marching band outfit.
I digress though, we aren’t talking about marching band or really football for that matter. The truth is, Sunday afternoons at home or rather tailgating on your home turf is all about the food.
In my opinion the best part of tailgating food has got to be the dips. I just can’t stay away from them, and I felt like this was the perfect opportunity to through some of my favorite Mediterranean flavors into an irresistible and brightly colored dip. Briny feta, intense tomato flavor and just a touch of tang from some greek yogurt to smooth everything out. It’s perfectly accompanied by a glass of wine.
Oh yes, that’s right, wine does belong that the tailgating table and Gallo Family Vineyards has planned ahead right with you with their awesome mini wine bottles! Instead of bringing a pack of beer to share with your friends, bring a 4-pack of these guys to the party! Perfectly portioned for one serving – so three other folks can have one too – with 9 varietals, there is a wine for everyone.
Plus I say, do away with the glass and just put a straw in your mini-bottle. It gets a little girly with my White Zinfandel here but I don’t mind one bit!
Since dips are only one part of tailgating eats, Gallo has a great pairing suggestion to go with any barbecuing you might be doing and don’t forget to check out their handy dandy store locator! Make sure you don’t leave the house with your $1 off digital coupon though!
- Bacon, Onion and Cheddar Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- Basil and Sundried Tomato Hummus by Ruffles & Truffles
- Braided Stromboli by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Braised Brats with Apples and Onions by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cakes by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken and Chorizo Nachos by Family Foodie
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Greek Style Grilled Wings with Yogurt Dill Sauce by Supper for a Steal
- Meatball Subs with Garlic-White Wine Sauce by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mini Caprese Polenta Pizzas by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mini Chorizo and Cheese Quiches by Magnolia Days
- Pizza Rolls by Momma’s Meals
- Ricotta Toasts with Tomatoes by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili by Jelly Toast
- Spicy Grilled Clams in Foil by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Strawberry Mint Red Moscato Sangria by Feed Me, Seymour
- Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Dip with Za’atar Chips by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Ultimate Stadium Nachos by Melanie Makes
- Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.