If you were hanging around my Facebook page sometime last Monday afternoon – wait hold on, you haven’t like my page? Fix that first.
Alright now back to my story, as I was saying if you happened to be online around that time I let a little announcement out of the bag that I’ve been teasing about since January.
I figured since I like you, I might as well share it here today instead of holding on to it any longer. Are you ready for it? Can you handle the excitement? Okay well I can’t wait any longer.
I’m opening a bakery! Not just brick and mortar bakery though, this one is going to mail order so everyone can have the cookies!
The best part, you get order cookies from your couch and have them delivered to your door! No work, no mess, but all the great taste like it came from your own kitchen – except it’s from mine, well actually a commercial kitchen but tomato/tomahto.
Just like the recipes I share with you here, the cookies, brownies and blondies that I will be selling to you will be made from the best ingredients I can source. Everything will be shipped the next morning after baking, contain no preservatives and will use organic, non-gmo and fair trade ingredients whenever possible.
Keep your eyes on this space because on May 12th I’ll be launching my kickstarter campaign and soon after the store will launch right here. One stop shopping, get a recipe to make for dinner and buy some cookies for a gift (or yourself, I won’t tell).
What does all this have to do with tacos?
Absolutely nothing! However it’s tacos we are talking about, roasted spiced shrimp topped with a fresh mango and avocado salsa. Do I really need to sell this to you?
I’m pretty sure the photos speak for themselves.
Make the tacos for dinner this week and again next week because it’ll be Cinco de Mayo and it’s festive!
- 1lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- zest from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon chile powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 ripe mango, cut into cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- juice from 1 lime + additional limes for garnish
- corn tortillas
- cilantro for garnish
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss the shrimp with the garlic, lime zest, salt, cumin powder, chile powder and cayenne pepper.
- Lay flat on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and cook through.
- In a bowl, toss the cubed mango and avocado with lime juice and a small amount of kosher salt.
- Char the tortillas over a dry skillet or on top of the flame if you have a gas stove.
- Top the tortillas with some shrimp and avocado mango salsa. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.