There’s a party in the house tonight! Can you raise your hands in the air and say yeah?
Yeah. No? That’s okay, put your hands down you don’t want to spill your drink anyway. We are still going to celebrate in every which way possible because Sunday Supper is turning 2 today! Where did the time go? Has it really been a year in a half since I started with this talented group of bloggers?
In honor of #SundaySuppers birthday Isabel the creator of the movement asked if we could list our most memorable moments over the last year. Considering I sometimes have trouble remembering what I ate for dinner last night, it was a challenge to think back to every single theme over the last year but one immediately stood out to me.
Do you remember our music inspired #SundaySupper? I most certainly do because I had the pleasure of hosting that week. Music Inspired #SundaySupper doesn’t stand out so much as my best recipe or even best photography but as a way for me to share my musical past with all of you. I also loved how it gave all of us an opportunity to get really creative and pair some great dishes to music. The two go hand in hand.
My second best memory of the year without a doubt was the Food and Wine Conference in July. The opportunity to meet everyone in person is one I will cherish and all the wonderful friendship that we’ve developed outside of the blog world.
Now to celebrate. No party can really get started without a cocktail, even if the celebrant is only 2 (how old is that in internet years?) 🙂 . Traditionally a gin fizz is made with egg white and shaken vigorously until frothy. Finished with club soda and you have your fizz. My version includes no eggs and can be fizzed up in a matter of minutes. Blood Oranges are currently in season and the time is limited. This drink is a beautiful celebration of them, in color and taste.
A sugared rim of blood orange zest adorns the glass with a not to sweet gin cocktail. Just a tiny bit of confectioners sugar mixed with club soda gives you the signature fizz as you can see from my GIF!
- blood orange zest & ½ tablespoon granulated sugar for rim
- 1½oz fresh blood orange juice (from 1 orange)
- 1½oz gin
- ½ teaspoon confectioners sugar
- 4oz club soda
- equipment: Collins glass
- On a small plate combine the blood orange zest and granulated sugar to make the sugared rim for the glass.
- With a wet paper towel wet the rim of the glass and dip in the sugared zest so that it coats the inside and outside of the glass.
- In a tall collins glass pour your blood orange juice and gin. Stir.
- Add your confectioners sugar and club soda.
- Once the fizzing has stopped fill the glass with ice and enjoy.
- Make 1 drink.
Let’s take a look at the rest of the recipes this week and how they are celebrating Sunday Suppers birthday.
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.