Welcome to Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
Last week when I said I was getting more into the holiday spirit, specifically Christmas this year I was not lying. This week, I have 3 new fantastic recipes to share with you as part of Christmas Week that are not only perfect for your Christmas celebrations but anytime this holiday season (or year round)!
The first thing that comes to mind with Christmas for me is candy canes, the next after that would be chocolate. Since peppermint and chocolate seem to go hand in hand not only with the winter months but holiday cheer in general, I figured some baked donuts were in order.
Unlike the baked donuts I made last time around, these guys are some seriously caky donuts. If you are a Dunkin Donut fan, then I think you will love them. Dense and chocolatey with a mint glaze and crushed peppermint candy garnish it’s the ultimate peppermint lovers treat.
While the texture will never be the same as fried donuts, I love the ease and slightly less guilt of baked ones. There is one thing I’ve learned about making baked donuts – eat them fresh! It seems that the next day the glaze essentially dissipates into the donut! I don’t know why and I haven’t figured out a reason to stop it yet, but if you do plan on keeping them the next day glaze them as needed.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- crushed peppermint candies
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 6 cavity donut pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, buttermilk and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing well until the flour is thoroughly combined. Make sure to scrape the sides and bottoms of the bowl.
- Fill the donut pans ⅔ of the way full with batter and smooth down the tops. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the donuts and let cool on a rack.
- Fill the donut pan with remaining batter and repeat.
- Once the donuts are completely cool, in a shallow bowl combine the confectioners sugar, cocoa powder and heavy cream. Whisk well to form a glaze. If it seems a little dry, add more heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time. Whisk in the mint extract.
- Dip donuts in the glaze and garnish with crushed peppermint candies.
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Coconut Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Covered Spoons by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Shortbread Bars by Juanita’s Cocina
- Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Holiday Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Pistachio Eggnog Bark by See Aimee Cook
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz by The Messy Baker
- Pokey Fudge by Ninja Baking
- Vanilla Wafer Holiday Bark by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Thumbprints by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buckeyes by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coconut Cream Tres Leches Cake by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Star Cookies by Masala Herb
- Nanny’s Pecan Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- My Mother-in-law’s Fudge by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peppermint Brownie Pops by Home Cooking Memories
- Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter Nutella S’Mores by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cranberry Yogurt Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake by Liv Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Peppermint Fudge by Like Mother Like Daughter
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Magimix by Robot-Coupe. Magimix has an impressive history, and is the inventor of the first food processor for home cooks. Their machines are still handmade in Burgundy, France, and they are the only company to manufacture their own motors which feature a 30 year guarantee! Chefs Catalog is offering a new, exclusive Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor package. The food processor features nested bowls, stainless steel blades, and a large feed tube. The included blender attachment transforms the processor into a fully-functional blender, and the citrus press is ideal for extracting juice from all types of fresh fruits. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor (in white)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Magimix by Robot-Coupe. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***